Room Service Junkies Unite

Am I the only room service junkie??? I just LOVE the options that CCL has to offer and cannot believe my ears when I hear or read that people have not even ever tried this food option.

I believe that I have tried everything on the menu at least once if not twice and have my favorites that I order several times throughout the week. It is one of the many highlights of my cruise.

I cannot wait for my next cruise just to be able to pick up the phone and place that yummy call.

My favs are the Chocolate cake, Tuna Salad, Roasted New York Strip Loin and cheddar and BLT.

I always like to have a carafe of coffee in the room also. I know most do not care for their coffee, but not me.

Are there any others out there???

Cheers from Pittsburgh via my iPhone!!

LOL. I have never ordered from Room service..stupid me. I have been combing these forums and found so many people who do. They also mentioned to order a BLT and a turkey sandwich, combine them to make a turkey club. My plan in August is to use room service everyday! Thanks for the recommendations OP!

I have never ordered room service but plan to next cruise in October. 7 nights and 3 ports, one which we plan to stay on board while there, and first balcony = lots of R&R and being catered to by room service, I already have my tip envelope jammed full of singles and fivers.

We ordered room service several times on our Dream cruise. I like the shrimp salad sandwich, chocolate cake & milk for a late afternoon snack.

This is exactly what I order!!

Give me Eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, hot foods, then maybe I'd be a junkie. One of my criteria for a hotel is good room service. Unfortunately, Carnival does not qualify as good room service. :-). It's passable for snack food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Fitzget

I am a balcony junkie, but part of being that balcony junkie is having my coffee and some breakfast stuffs delivered and sitting on my balcony and peacefully enjoying my coffee in the morning, when and where it's nice and quiet, before the insanity of the day's activities begin.

On my nieces's first cruise she was obsessed with ordering the cheesecake and pickles every night. She was 13 and had a very strange palette. I love teasing her that when her uncle and I cruise in August I'm going to order that and take pictures to torture her;)

Oh yes, I hear you! I am a room service junkie if only for breakfast so far. I love to linger in my stateroom with my coffee, croissants, guava jelly, and melon and or citrus fruit. I also once ordered the chicken fajita sandwich and loved it. Next cruise I am going to use room service more often....breakfast for sure, but also hope to get that chicken fajita again, and a blt, but definitely going to order that chocolate cake:D Cant wait.

We order coffee almost every morning because we don't want to rush to breakfast but we MUST have coffee within 10 minutes of being up. We sit on the balcony and just relax for a few before heading up. The coffee urn sits on the balcony table between us. :D

We don't order meals from room service but we have a fruit plate and cheesecake at least two nights before going to bed. The cheesecake from room service is AWESOME!!! We couldn't believe it. It is SO much better than that cakey junk they serve in the MDR and buffet. It's REAL creamy, thick cheesecake! (we like the chocolate cake, too and we may have ordered one of those to share after our cheesecake, on occasion...:o)

I am a Balcony Room Service Coffee Junkie!! Lol! 3rd cruise last Dec, DH and I vowed to order more room service than just our morning carafe of coffee, juice and pastries. Never happened! Was always too full from meals in the MDR and lunch on the Lido. 4th cruise in August, to Alaska, and again vowing to order more room service, haha!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

I usually get up in the middle of the night looking for something sweet...the Chocolate cake hits the spot quite nicely [emoji106].

I also use the breakfast options as my BFF is not an early riser, so I call for a carafe of coffee and some sweets to enjoy on my balcony while I am waiting for her to get moving...

I already have the chocolate cake on my, "To Do List," for our Freedom 12-13-14, cruise, even though I had never seen a picture of it. WOW, now that I have, I can't wait. I showed the photo to hubby who just said, "How much does that cost ?" "ZIP, ZERO, NADA, just have to tip." Guess we'll both be ordering that.

The only thing we've done is order the bagel, smoked salmon and cream cheese on port days. It is always a good way to start a day. Delicious. That's the only time I ever have that.

Thanks for this thread. I'll be sure to leave room for the goodies that are being suggested.

When we looked at cruises, this was a must have for us. We have 4 kids, so going to the Lido is not okay in the middle of the night, when the kiddos are sleeping..

Sadly, one big complaint we had, it seemed that on the Fantasy, you have to request silverware if you would like it.. Yes, that chocolate cake is great but eating it with your hands is not.. This was not done once, twice or even three times but 4 times, I had to track down a room steward or call back and get someone to redeliver silverware to our room. My husband, which was next door, had the exact same problem. Oh and it isn't like we didn't tip. Every waiter that came to our room received a tip, every time...

I love room service though. Just a warning for future cruisers..

Give me Eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, hot foods, then maybe I'd be a junkie. One of my criteria for a hotel is good room service. Unfortunately, Carnival does not qualify as good room service. :-). It's passable for snack food.

The difference is that the room service on the ship is free/included and the hotel room service is not.

Not addicted but I do like it. We tried it for the first time on our last cruise and definitely will utilize it again. They offer a decent menu, and we certainly could find something to eat and something to hit the sweet spot late at night too. I don't expect it to be a full menu as if we were in the MDR. And thank goodness it's not like in a hotel, where they charge you an arm & a leg + 18% gratuity.

Our family has been on ultimate cruises and my kids get stacks of $1 bills to tip for room service whenever they want! It's their favorite dining on the boat!

Sent from my iPad using Forum