Room Service Junkies Unite

I love my coffee in the morning..especially if we have a balcony...and the smoked salmon and bagel:) taking two grandkids in June...I will have to remember the chocolate cake as one of them has a really BAD sweet tooth...and that cake looks good:):):) And I'm sure Grandpa will be happy too...LOL

Room service junkie? please.... I know how to control my urges..

I mean, really... some coffee and croissant while getting dressed is okay. A mid afternoon pre-nap snack is sometimes called for. Or maybe an after nap/pre dinner snack is a necessity. Ooohhhh, can't forget that bedtime tuna sandwich with fruit.

No...I don't have a room service addiction :o

oh wait.... ones for room service tips are first on my to-do list when packing.

okay....I admit.... I have an addiction and am having withdrawals..... I have my cabin #, you think I can go ahead and place my order for June 19th? :)

We always have intentions of ordering on every cruise, but have done so only a couple of times. The chocolate cake and shrimp salad sandwich are great. Ordered the PB&J for DS, but he didn't eat it. I thought it was different with the bread toasted, but still pretty good. Miss ordering coffee and fruit in the morning to enjoy out on the balcony. That's on hiatus til DS gets bigger.

My cruise ritual is to order room service the first morning (fruit, coffee, bagel, smoked salmon) and sit out on my balcony. Then I know I'm REALLY on the cruise. :D

I'm an early riser and the 8 a.m. opening of the dining room for breakfast just seems too far away, so I usually end up ordering breakfast a couple of other days as well. Those are usually cereal, juice, coffee and a couple of yummy pastries.

Also love the shrimp sandwich and the roast beef and cheddar sandwich - with potato salad, of course. Oh....and a piece of cheesecake. No...wait....chocolate cake. :D

And I have 200+ days 'til I can do this again.

I do enjoy a light breakfast in the cabin. Coffee, fruit and sometimes cereal. I am gluten free (celiac) and the options, for me, are now far less. However, on my last Glory cruise they had no problem making a sandwich with gluten free bread. That was very nice of them and I tipped accordingly.

The problem is that the gluten free bread was awful (as is most of it) and I didn't order any more late night sandwiches. Hey, at least they tried. More than I can say for Celebrity.

Take care,

Mike

I love the complimentary room service.

I love cookies and milk before bed. I like the BLT and the chocolate cake too. I am always so stuffed from my meals that I only get room service a couple of times per cruise. But I do like to order some pre-breakfast breakfast for DH and I.

My mom and dad went on 4 cruises with us before I found out they never ordered room service because they thought you had to pay extra for it.

My husband and I are huge fans of the room service grilled cheese. I also love the potato salad. I was 9 weeks pregnant on my last cruise and I think I ate potato salad all week. I was so happy that they would let me order a plate of potato salad. :)

My first cruise on the Holiday back in 2004 me, my mom, my god mom and god sister ordered room service one day particular day for lunch cause we weren't too happy with the buffet selection for lunch...that was the beginning of AWESOMENESS!!! The rest of the cruise we'd have a small lunch and come back and order room service, same for late nite snacks...nothing like a Caesar salad at 1am!! My last cruise I only ordered room service once and that was because I was sea sick all day and had to miss dinner and when I was finally able to eat I ordered room service, ham and cheese with chips and a Caesar salad is my favorite....since our upcoming cruise will be our honeymoon we decided that we're not going to the dining room every night because we want to spend some alone time in our room and I'm looking forward to room service, especially this chocolate cake I keep seeing pics of and hearing about. 166 DAYZ TILL THE DREAM!!! 😊😊😊😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always get coffee and pastries in the am to enjoy on our balcony. Have ordered lunch one time. It was great. We swear before every cruise we are gonna order more, but never do. In January I am gonna get the chocolate cake!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I'm always perplexed with these room service threads. I just don't understand hanging out in the room with waiters lined up to bring you chocolate cake and BLT's. I'm platinum and have never tried the room service.......after reading these threads I always make a mental note to try it next time but once I'm on the ship it never occurs to me to pick up the phone. I always prefer to get out on deck with fresh air and scenery when I need food late at night. I'm in a wheelchair so room service would seem like a no brainer but I much prefer to be out of the room when I need a snack.

I'm on the liberty in a couple of months and I am going to make a real effort to get me some room service. I need to see what the hype is all about.

Give me Eggs Benedict, pancakes, waffles, hot foods, then maybe I'd be a junkie. One of my criteria for a hotel is good room service. Unfortunately, Carnival does not qualify as good room service. :-). It's passable for snack food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with this.

It remains laughable that Carnival remains one of, if not THE only cruise line in the industry with absolutely NO hot items on its room service menu. Not even a hot breakfast sandwich, some chicken tenders or a burger? Its ridiculous.

Like you said its passable for snacks but for me, it doesn't deserve any raves.

Edited by TheTravelista

I love room service...the coffee, fruit, coffee, pastries, bagels and cream cheese and the blts.

I learned of it in my little 1a with no windows on my first Carnival Cruise and loved it when pooped even in that setting...I see here other items I must try. When I stay in a hotel with it..well I use it as a coffee/oatmeal in am or late arrival saving grace..when packing to leave or arriving very late but keep it simple because so expensive..go with the room coffee they usually have...

But to have it free with nominal tip on a ship..and at high quality..Carnival keeps it simple but by doing so... it is high quality..freshly made..that makes the difference..great Carnival perk..yes..LOVE it and will try more items now...LOL..Sarah