Difficult choice

Kajoo

Hi guys,

Suppose you have the same quote ( price ) for :

• 7 night cruise on the Sapphire Princess : Mexican Riviera
  • 10 night cruise on the Celebrity Mercury : Mexican Riviera ( additional ports are Acapulco and Ixtapa )

This is happening to us, and it is very difficult to choose.

Additional facts : we are in our 30's, have been on the Galaxy ( we are afraid that the Mercury is almost identical to the Galaxy ? ), never tried Princess until now

What choice would you make and why ?

Thanks a lot in advance !!!!!!!!!

I have never cruised on Celebrity but have heard wonderful things about them. For the same price, I would choose the longer trip (assuming taking the extra time off work is not a problem) considering you are talking about two great cruise lines.

Are the room categories comparable? That would be a factor for me. Also the Sapphire is a newer ship - if that is something you care about.

Ok, maybe I am not so much help!! :D

Hilary

We're in the 50/60 range and have cruised on the Mercury before when it cruised the Caribbean. It's a beautiful ship. I'm voting for the 10 day also.

What didn't you like about the Galaxy?

If all other elements were equal (and I've not sailed Celebrity yet so I don't know) ..but IF all other elements (say, overall cruise experience) were equal I'd take the longer cruise for sure!

If it were me, having not sailed Celebrity and not knowing how they compare I would still take the 10 days.

What's to decide? Go for the Celebrity Galaxy 10 day cruise!

We have cruised nineteen times on Princess and we love it for a number of very good reasons. We have also cruised six times on Celebrity and I am here to tell you that they have a great product that also offers some unique and wonderful experiences as well!

The Galaxy is a great ship as is the Sapphire. The Sapphire is larger with some more dining choices where the Galaxy is a little older and a more traditional ship.

If a great martini bar and top entertainment are important to you coupled with thre extra days at sea, then you really have no decision to make.

Just my two-cents worth.

Rod

Mercury..absolutely and book it now. Have been on Celebrity and Princess. Both are great but, all things being equal, we would always go with Celebrity. Just our preference and it does give you more days. Have not been on the Sapphire so I cannot comment on the difference between the ship size and age.

Archived