Is Carnival Victory having problems?

You're limiting your thinking. We are limited to one person that had a video recorder that posted to youtube, and posted a link here. There are many that didn't.

Lol, how the heck did we jump from one to many? You guys with these conspiracy theories, maybe the Carnival management team is linked to building 7 at the WTC or was involved in the JFK assignation. That is the problem with bashing, there is so little facts to base wild claims on that you reach for straws and as Buzz Lightyear would say "to infinity and beyond".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Even Walmart, who some compare Carnival to, would never allow that.

There you go, it would not a a true bashing thread until we can throw a Walmart line in. Funny people here, that is part of why I like it here so much (a very little part but still......).

Getting a bit technical, aren't you?

Absolutely. So far this is a list the ways I have upset you:

1. I used a 10 month old clip

2. I used the word "Is" in my question

3. I'm a pot stirrer

4. I have nonsense replies

5. I'm getting my post counts up

6. I give childish responses

7. I need softer words

8. I'm too technical

9. I might post other threads.

Suck it up dude, you're stronger than you think you are! I would be glad to add to the list, but I don't think this is how you want to be seen. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that they're having a bad day or something else is bothering them, but don't let me believe everything I do or don't do hurts you. It's not healthy for either of us. :(

As for relating? You post an old clip. I guess I can post about Triumph and title it like you did, but say "Is Triumph having problems"? That's how it relates.

Be my guest, everyone's free to post what they wish.

So, I'd say the dirty bathroom a year ago is also "red herring".

The subject of a thread can't be a red herring. That's like asking, "Are we finding any of Bush's WMD's?", and being told that Bush is a red herring.

Absolutely. So far this is a list the ways I have upset you:

1. I used a 10 month old clip

2. I used the word "Is" in my question

3. I'm a pot stirrer

4. I have nonsense replies

5. I'm getting my post counts up

6. I give childish responses

7. I need softer words

8. I'm too technical

9. I might post other threads.

Suck it up dude, you're stronger than you think you are! I would be glad to add to the list, but I don't think this is how you want to be seen. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that they're having a bad day or something else is bothering them, but don't let me believe everything I do or don't do hurts you. It's not healthy for either of us. :(

Be my guest, everyone's free to post what they wish.

The subject of a thread can't be a red herring. That's like asking, "Are we finding any of Bush's WMD's?", and being told that Bush is a red herring.

I've got your attention, and as usual, you twist a lot around.

Next question. Why did you have to post the clip over on RCCL?

I've got your attention, and as usual, you twist a lot around.

Next question. Why did you have to post the clip over on RCCL?

Do you want my attention, and why? It's none of your business what I bring up in a roll call, and you're contradicting yourself by bring up a roll conversation here. Do you have a higher set of standards for me than you do for yourself? If you are out trolling my other threads, I wonder who has who's attention? ;)

I'm not concerned with other ships, other lines, other threads. I don't expect you to stay on topic, but encourage everyone else to ignore your complaining. For their sake not for mine, I wish there was a PM system allowing one to get everything off their chest privately. Otherwise, I like your attention. :)

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Do you want my attention, and why? I'm not concerned with other ships, other lines, other threads. I'm not concerned with myself, or you. This thread has a topic, and I'm done trying to discuss everything but.

Thank you. Good night.:D

I think 2 or 3 people achieved exactly what they set out to accomplish in this thread, and others that disparage Carnival. They pump in so much noise that the signal gets lost. They split hairs, attack, ask rhetorical and utterly pointless questions, change topics, etc...anything to deflect from the original question/statement/topic. Congratulations, you have done the community a wonderful service. :rolleyes:

I think 2 or 3 people achieved exactly what they set out to accomplish in this thread, and others that disparage Carnival. They pump in so much noise that the signal gets lost. They split hairs, attack, ask rhetorical and utterly pointless questions, change topics, etc...anything to deflect from the original question/statement/topic. Congratulations, you have done the community a wonderful service. :rolleyes:

I think we can agree that the Victory is fine, old videos so not help anybodies future cruise experience and some people like to stir the pot. I also think this community is fine. We are the sum of all the parts, it works.

I agree, but I broke my first rule about not entertaining red herrings and ad hominems myself.. Unfortunately, there is no reassurance to anyone who has read this, and the noise comes across as defensiveness.

If I walked into a Hampton Inn, heard someone question the tap water quality, and saw several Hampton Inn loyalists yell across the lobby that he had it in for their Hotel Chain, I would go somewhere else!

I agree, but I broke my first rule about not entertaining red herrings and ad hominems myself.. Unfortunately, there is no reassurance to anyone who has read this, and the noise comes across as defensiveness.

If I walked into a Hampton Inn, heard someone question the tap water quality, and saw several Hampton Inn loyalists yell across the lobby that he had it in for their Hotel Chain, I would go somewhere else!

It must be hard blazing all those trail, climbing every mountain.... Red herrings and ad hominems, now that is funny. Hampton Inn loyalists, you are on a roll....

Edited by jimbo5544

It must be hard blazing all those trail, climbing every mountain.... Red herrings and ad hominems, now that is funny. Hampton Inn loyalists, you are on a roll....

Sorry bud, I'm done discussing noise with you as well. If there were a PM system, I would love hear more, but it's time to let everyone else have a chance to speak. ;)

Sorry bud, I'm done discussing noise with you as well. If there were a PM system, I would love hear more, but it's time to let everyone else have a chance to speak. ;)

Ouch, and I thought we were just warming up, we have pretty much talked this subject through, maybe it will pick up on a Royal thread, they enjoy Carnival bashing so much more over there.

You're limiting your thinking. We are limited to one person that had a video recorder that posted to youtube, and posted a link here. There are many that didn't.

Yikes, can you imagine if 2,000 videos were uploaded each week, from each ship? :eek:

I've been on some cruises where I wondered if they had cleaned the bathroom properly. Not on victory, but on other ships. But I'm not like this guy. I'm not able to shower in it without knowing for sure that its clean so I took soap, a rag, and a toothbrush (I always bring the spare toothbrush so I used that to scrub the grout) and scrubbed the shower and counters and they looked exactly the same when I finished as when I began. The discolorations are not dirt. They are stains and missing grout. I agree that it is inexcusable and Carnival needs to re tile and re grout their bathrooms but it's not the poor cabin stewards fault.

Interesting points. I wonder why some grouts are more stained than others? Maybe it would be easier on everyone, including the stewards, to just have fiberglass in the showers? Wait a go on cleaning just in case. ;)

It was an interesting little video. I sure hope the creator of it didn't catch syphilis or any other venereal disease like he was worried about stepping out of the shower.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well I guess for those people who like to fool around... "Honey, it's not what you think. Remember that cruise we took last fall?"

My wife and I cruised on The Victory this past April and loved every minute of it. The ship was clean. Our cabin was very well taken care of by our cabin steward, Who was great person. He made us feel like we were old friends. There was always someone on the outer deck picking up anything that didn't belong. We absolutely loved Half Moon Cay. The island bbq, was something. The beach was amazing.

We would sail on The Victory again.

Good to hear, we definitely would like to take this cruise out of Miami. Is Carl still the cruise director?

My bathroom in cabin 6449 on Victory had a couple loose tiles near the base of the door and ceiling could have used some fresh paint, but it was pretty minor.

Overall, I found the cleanliness pretty good. It could use some fresh paint in areas though.

I think it's going into drydock soon, so some of the cosmetics should be taken care of.

I have been on 5 different Carnival ships and never saw such conditions. However, It wasn't so bad to bring his situation to light. It shows that Carnival is not perfect and can only make them better. It appears that the balcony cabins suffer more corrosion than interior cabins due to their exposure to the high humidity and salty air. I don't blame him for showing this, I would have been angry at those conditions too, and for allowing any stateroom to get to that level. But I am still a Carnival fan through and through, and am excited about boarding the Breeze in a couple weeks!! I bet the Victory has had its Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades since then! Apparently, it hadn't at that point.

Very well said! Enjoy the Breeze, my TA just had a blast a few weeks ago.

Eww! That looks like a steward problem that has hopefully been reported to guest services and management. We stayed in an airport hotel in Jacksonville before our Fascination cruise two years ago that looked like that in the first room we got. Reported the problem to management and they moved us down the hall to another room which was just as nasty. After a long talk, a manager put us in a room on a different floor and walked it with us. This time we got a room that was very clean. That hotel just had a horrible housekeeper on the floor we started off on so hopefully that's the case on the ship. Hopefully people who have had rooms like that reported it so it can be taken care of. I wish you a great cruise on whatever ship you choose!

Good for you for standing up for yourself, which probably helped this manager in deciding to rectify the problem. It sounds like from the video and comments, it's probably a similar problem.

Wow! I certainly hope that the Victory has been upgraded since then! Including upgrading the crew!! Never have I seen such awful conditions on one of their ships! I bet this exposure will get Carnival humping on fixing this ship! Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome, it's our job as customers just as much if not more than Carnival's and it's crew to keep a standard expectation. Loyalty no matter what is ripe for being taken for granted, and that's not good for anyone. ;)