Is Carnival Victory having problems?

I thought you actually liked sparing? At least you claimed to when someone backed down instantly (which isn't sparing bye the way). I come to their defense, and you want me to leave my own thread? Ummm, no. It seems you like sucker punching, and don't do well when actually confronted.

Never made such a comparison, but if I did, what were my details? Also had I done so, why is this only bothering you? You are more than welcome to call me a Carnival basher, I just expect you to provide examples of what you're talking about.

I enjoy sparing, if you are around here enough, you will see that I am a frequent poster on many topics. Did I ask you to leave ? Real head scratching here. We can move on. I think what we have established is all is well on the Victory by those who have posted here who have sailed on her since your old you tube vid ( including me by the way). Make sure you let us know if you find any other troubling you tube videos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was an interesting little video. I sure hope the creator of it didn't catch syphilis or any other venereal disease like he was worried about stepping out of the shower.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Sundown331

You just were checking to see if anyone cleaned the bathroom since last year?:rolleyes:

You'll just have to reread the original post again, it's mean to be straight forward. I have specific questions for Victory sailors. If you haven't been on the Victory recently, or want to answer different questions, I don't care.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I enjoy sparing, if you are around here enough, you will see that I am a frequent poster on many topics. Did I ask you to leave ? Real head scratching here. We can move on. I think what we have established is all is well on the Victory by those who have posted here who have sailed on her since your old you tube vid ( including me by the way). Make sure you let us know if you find any other troubling you tube videos.

Hey, nothing wrong with sparring. Correction, you did not ask me to leave, I misread what you said. Though where did you read that I am into posting troubling videos? As someone who has sailed the Victory, and would like to do so again, and has read many recent reviews of dirty rooms, my questions are valid. Scratch your head all you want, but just like in the hotel industry, people often ask, "Is it clean?"

You'll just have to reread the original post again, it's mean to be straight forward. I have specific questions for Victory sailors. If you haven't been on the Victory recently, or want to answer different questions, I don't care.

Then why didn't you post or look at the mutiple recently uploaded videos showing stateroom tours of the victory on youtube?

Then why didn't you post or look at the mutiple recently uploaded videos showing stateroom tours of the victory on youtube?

I'm not going to answer to accusations that I haven't even addressed. If you feel the need to critique me, fine, but it's nothing more than an ad hominem.

Now If you have photos or videos of the Victory, by all means ;)

I'm not going to answer to accusations that I haven't even addressed. If you feel the need to critique me, fine, but it's nothing more than an ad hominem.

Now If you have photos or videos of the Victory, by all means ;)

My best friends went on a Klove cruise aboard the victory a few months ago and found the ship to be in great shape. So i tend to believe them. They havent lied to me yet.

My best friends went on a Klove cruise aboard the victory a few months ago and found the ship to be in great shape. So i tend to believe them. They havent lied to me yet.

And I have no reason to believe that you are lying either. Even the youtube blogger states that other rooms nearby were clean. Some of the comments stated their room was clean, some said their rooms were dirty, and others had clean room but heard many complaints. If you read Victory reviews here on CC, you'll see the same.

If this problem hasn't been addressed, and there's some kind of mixed bag as far as upkeep and cleaning (different steward crews), what % is acceptable? If I find 4 clean youtube videos, should I be at ease with the perception that 20% are dirty? How about 19 clean videos, is 5% ok to assume?

Well, I'm not here to assume anything, but ask the experts. ;)

The bigger problem is, what company or personnel lets a bathroom get like that? Doesn't matter when it happened.

He's a pot stirrer, obviously. And judging by some nonsense replies he's made, he's enjoying getting his post count up. Yup, his count will go up again as he comes back with another childish response;)

He's a pot stirrer, obviously. And judging by some nonsense replies he's made, he's enjoying getting his post count up. Yup, his count will go up again as he comes back with another childish response;)

Maybe I am a pot stirrer, but if I am you should be the last person on here to call it obvious, seems that you didn't understand that I was asking a question. This thread isn't even suppose to be about me, and if your ego is attached to Carnival, let me reassure you that it's not under attack either.

Calling me childish however is disrespectful. How much you respect yourself and how much you respect other people go hand in hand, the same is true for disrespect. You're basically admitting, "I don't respect myself." That's fine, but this thread isn't suppose to be about you either.

I didn't back down. I think my point stands. I chose not to engage in a pee up a flag pole battle. Even the winner there loses.

I did not think we were battling. I thought you had made an unfair statement, you qualified it, I agreed , I even think I apologized for my error and we moved on.

The bigger problem is, what company or personnel lets a bathroom get like that? Doesn't matter when it happened.

It is clear it should not happen, obviously it did. In my 28 Carnival cruises I have never seen anything like that, just the opposite. To answer your second point, we had it something very similar occur at a five star Caribbean resort once. It can happen anywhere, and does. We brought it to management attention and it was remedied, without posting a YouTube (or reposting one).

Edited by jimbo5544

And I have no reason to believe that you are lying either. Even the youtube blogger states that other rooms nearby were clean. Some of the comments stated their room was clean, some said their rooms were dirty, and others had clean room but heard many complaints. If you read Victory reviews here on CC, you'll see the same.

If this problem hasn't been addressed, and there's some kind of mixed bag as far as upkeep and cleaning (different steward crews), what % is acceptable? If I find 4 clean youtube videos, should I be at ease with the perception that 20% are dirty? How about 19 clean videos, is 5% ok to assume?

Well, I'm not here to assume anything, but ask the experts. ;)

I think the issue is the relevance (how old it is), hence my reference to the Splendor you tubes. I read almost all reviews on this thread and have not found what you describe and as repeated negative posts of cleanliness on any ship and more specifically the Victory. That's why you get pot stirring comments.

Exactly, even if this was from the 80's I would wonder what happened, and 10 months is really recent. Though I'm sure if it were from March, I would hear, "But that was from 10 weeks ago!"

The bigger question is if this is still going on, to what extent, has anyone been reprimanded? Was this tolerated by a smaller crew, management on the ship, or up to Corporate?

I think the issue is the relevance (how old it is), hence my reference to the Splendor you tubes. I read almost all reviews on this thread and have not found what you describe and as repeated negative posts of cleanliness on any ship and more specifically the Victory. That's why you get pot stirring comments.

That's fine, I just don't want to make this thread about me. I didn't know you were talking about the Splendor earlier. The only difference between your Caribbean resort situation and this guy's, your problems were resolved and his weren't. I guess people are just going to react in different ways...

Exactly, even if this was from the 80's I would wonder what happened, and 10 months is really recent. Though I'm sure if it were from March, I would hear, "But that was from 10 weeks ago!"

The bigger question is if this is still going on, to what extent, has anyone been reprimanded? Was this tolerated by a smaller crew, management on the ship, or up to Corporate?

That's the crux. All while some are trying to pretend it never happened with distractions.

Looks like all is fine, after all, Carnival said the ship is 13 years old. :rolleyes::confused:

I've been on some cruises where I wondered if they had cleaned the bathroom properly. Not on victory, but on other ships. But I'm not like this guy. I'm not able to shower in it without knowing for sure that its clean so I took soap, a rag, and a toothbrush (I always bring the spare toothbrush so I used that to scrub the grout) and scrubbed the shower and counters and they looked exactly the same when I finished as when I began. The discolorations are not dirt. They are stains and missing grout. I agree that it is inexcusable and Carnival needs to re tile and re grout their bathrooms but it's not the poor cabin stewards fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Maybe I am a pot stirrer, but if I am you should be the last person on here to call it obvious, seems that you didn't understand that I was asking a question. This thread isn't even suppose to be about me, and if your ego is attached to Carnival, let me reassure you that it's not under attack either.

Calling me childish however is disrespectful. How much you respect yourself and how much you respect other people go hand in hand, the same is true for disrespect. You're basically admitting, "I don't respect myself." That's fine, but this thread isn't suppose to be about you either.

It was obvious. It was 1 clip, 1 year ago. If it was recent, people would take you more seriously. Are there any more clips you'd like to post with the same content? Have there been any reviews talking about filth? I guess you could post about the poop cruise and ask if it's been rectified ;)

Maybe you had your innocent motive to post that clip, yes it happened apparently. But when a title comes out blaring, you need to expect a response. A softer title like "wow, did you see this" But not "is Carnival slipping" and it sounding recent. Kind of like responses on here to titles with the word BEWARE.

It was obvious. It was 1 clip, 1 year ago. If it was recent, people would take you more seriously. Are there any more clips you'd like to post with the same content? Have there been any reviews talking about filth? I guess you could post about the poop cruise and ask if it's been rectified ;)

Maybe you had your innocent motive to post that clip, yes it happened apparently. But when a title comes out blaring, you need to expect a response. A softer title like "wow, did you see this" But not "is Carnival slipping" and it sounding recent. Kind of like responses on here to titles with the word BEWARE.

You're limiting your thinking. We are limited to one person that had a video recorder that posted to youtube, and posted a link here. There are many that didn't.

I didn't come here to be taken seriously, this thread isn't about me. This thread isn't about other ships and disasters, that's all a red herring. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, how does this clip on the Victory relate to the Triumph disaster?

Everyone is free to share Victory clips, both good, bad and in between. You might be right about choosing a different title, but you are still getting it wrong. I didn't title it "Is carnival slipping?"

I didn't come here to be taken seriously, this thread isn't about me. This thread isn't about other ships and disasters, that's all a red herring. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, how does this clip on the Victory relate to the Triumph disaster?

Everyone is free to share Victory clips, both good, bad and in between. You might be right about choosing a different title, but you are still getting it wrong. I didn't title it "Is carnival slipping?"

Getting a bit technical, aren't you? It is within content of post #1.

As for relating? You post an old clip. I guess I can post about Triumph and title it like you did, but say "Is Triumph having problems"? That's how it relates. So, I'd say the dirty bathroom a year ago is also "red herring".