UK Cruisers: Who would rather keep Indy in Southampton than get Anthem?

My family and I was quite excited about the Quantum class coming to the UK and we had hoped that one would be sailing from Southampton in 2016. My adult children were looking forward to the high speed internet and north star, etc. So at first we was a bit disapointed that there was not a Quantum class sailing in 2016 from Southampton.

Having said that, we have sailed on Indy once before and had a fantastic holiday so we have booked on Indy for next year and hope that the ship is as good as on our last trip.

We're sailing on Ovation of the Seas from Southampton on April 22nd 2016 and I believe she is the new third addition to the Quantum class ships from RCI.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When Indy headed back to the US during the winter season, many US cruisers were commenting how bad the shops were stocked with low stocks or British products still for sale.

The entertainments were some very British. I remembered one of the headliner act was from England and some of the jokes would have gone over an American's head. The cruise director tends to be British.

Shop inventory is temporary as is the headliner act. Easily updated once she arrives in FL. British CD is very common on lots of ships.

A few things.

- Afternoon tea in the WJ, Never had that on any other ship

- Retail is different

- Food itself is a bit different than what you get on other ships.

- Not a huge thing, but the Dining Rooms have a Shakespeare theme.

- Entertainment can be quite British

- Cruise Director was also British

It isn't a whole lot different but there are some minor alterations for the British market.

Same replies as above. MDR food and lunch is pretty much standard across the fleet. I guess WJ coulb different, but once again easily changed when she gets to FL.

My point is that the ship itself was identical to her two sisters. Current Styrofoam are changing a few things, but that is a different discussion.

As always this is just my opinion

Edited by John&LaLa

My point is that the ship itself was identical to her two sisters.

Of course the ships are identical but the changes mentioned previously make them apart. These changes make it difference cruising on Indy from UK and from FL.

Of course the ships are identical but the changes mentioned previously make them apart. These changes make it difference cruising on Indy from UK and from FL.

Absolutely, but you could easily make those adjustments to any Voager or Freedom vessel

A few things.

- Afternoon tea in the WJ, Never had that on any other ship

- Retail is different

- Food itself is a bit different than what you get on other ships.

- Not a huge thing, but the Dining Rooms have a Shakespeare theme.

- Entertainment can be quite British

- Cruise Director was also British

It isn't a whole lot different but there are some minor alterations for the British market.

Rock the Boat and Jeoff Eaton are on Anthem now but who knows if they will be going back on to Indy if she does the UK run again.

• 1 month later...

Popped into our travel agent last week and was talking about the Quantum class ships and how strange that they only did one season from the UK. They replied that in their view RCI had over priced Anthem and they struggled to sell the cabins without offering discounts. So a quick decision was made to return Indy.

Popped into our travel agent last week and was talking about the Quantum class ships and how strange that they only did one season from the UK. They replied that in their view RCI had over priced Anthem and they struggled to sell the cabins without offering discounts. So a quick decision was made to return Indy.

Totally agree. looked at booking 3 nights in October ,and 3 nights came up as £2600 with grats added..no way I'm paying that money to not even see all of what she has to offer! Very overpriced indeed.

Totally agree. looked at booking 3 nights in October ' date='and 3 nights came up as £2600 with grats added..no way I'm paying that money to not even see all of what she has to offer! Very overpriced indeed.[/quote']

I'm sure the prices have shot up since but I'm sure when I looked at it many many months ago it was around £500 plus grats for 3 nights.

We love Indy, the size, the facilities and the ship itself.

We have sailed Indy twice, Freedom once and got off Allure last Sunday.....far too big for us and didn't have the same warm feeling as freedom class. Whilst on board we booked IOS for next July and Freedom for the Easter after....maybe we are just Freedom class people but a lot of people we spoke with onboard agreed that the Allure was too big and lost the personal feeling.

We loved Indy and we loved Anthem, too. Can't we have both? They could alternate across the Summer hols, leaving every other Saturday for a 14 night cruise? Eh, RCI, eh?? :confused::):cool: