Transport from SEA to downtown Seattle

sctexan

Obviously there are many ways to get to downtown Seattle from the airport. We will be coming in from a 5 hour flight.

Should we just take a shuttle? If so, what company is recommended? Or is public transport really easy to manage with luggage and an 8 year old?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I see you have already posted on the West Coast Departures board. There is tons of info over there.

Public transit is very user friendly. That is a good choice. Again, more details on the West Coast Departures board, and/or do a webs search for the Seattle Light Rail.

Reading over on the West Coast Departures board you will see several threads on taking a taxi vs a Towncar, with some recommendations, including a cheaper taxi alternative. As all of these are going to run in the $35-50 range, you will have to decide what it is worth to you.

[quote name='sctexan']Obviously there are many ways to get to downtown Seattle from the airport. We will be coming in from a 5 hour flight.

Should we just take a shuttle? If so, what company is recommended? Or is public transport really easy to manage with luggage and an 8 year old?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

There is Go airport shuttle I think $20.00 for 1 adult but it makes multi stops. Taxis was about $65.00 for 2 adults. Both of these you have to get luggage then cross over bridge to parking garage. Town car SUV is about $95.00 for 4 adults but they pick you up right out of the luggage doors.
We have never tried the train to down town. IMO the town car is the easiest

We took the train from the airport to our hotel (arctic club). We had one roller bag each and a carry on back pack. It was easy and the train was almost empty. And we used it to tour. The most challenging part was knowing where to buy tickets and when ( there is a free zone).

We did a town car to the port.