Island Princess Caribe Deck

HawaiiRN

I have searched the forum but have not found the exact answer to my question. We will be cruising on the Island next year in September in the Mediterranean. We have always been a category BD slightly aft-we have the opportunity to book a Caribe balcony but I am a little hesitant to do so because I have read that part of the balcony is uncovered and I must be careful of sun exposure. Is there enough space for me to be in the shade and DH in the sun (what he really wants). A picture would be helpful if someone has one.

Mahalo

Dee

I have searched the forum but have not found the exact answer to my question. We will be cruising on the Island next year in September in the Mediterranean. We have always been a category BD slightly aft-we have the opportunity to book a Caribe balcony but I am a little hesitant to do so because I have read that part of the balcony is uncovered and I must be careful of sun exposure. Is there enough space for me to be in the shade and DH in the sun (what he really wants). A picture would be helpful if someone has one.

In my mind, it really depends where the sun is and this is true for any balcony anywhere on the ship.

Picture below shows an Island Caribe balcony. If the sun is in front of the balcony, it is likely that all of the balcony would be sunny. If the sun is directly overhead, most of the balcony will be in shade. If the sun is on the other side of the ship, the balcony will all be in shade.

980811580812IslandPrincesscabinC331balconyDSC01040_zps157a38b6.jpg

The following picture shows where the ceiling is over the part that is considered "covered."

980A06581012CabinC331balconyishalfcoveredDSC01317_zps10042629.jpg

Edited by caribill

we were just on the Island in March and had 3 minisuites in a row. They were covered, they were aft, and sometimes we had sun and sometimes we did not. Depends on where we were! Loved the deck and the cabin!

Only thing was the LONG LONG hike to the laundry!! We laughed and wished we had skates

we were just on the Island in March and had 3 minisuites in a row. They were covered, they were aft, and sometimes we had sun and sometimes we did not. Depends on where we were! Loved the deck and the cabin!

Only thing was the LONG LONG hike to the laundry!! We laughed and wished we had skates

The laundry is aft on Caribe deck on the Island. I know this as I had an all-the-way forward mini on Caribe and had the long hike. Maybe you're thinking of another ship; I know I was . . . I was wishing for the Grand-class ships where the laundry is forward on Caribe!!

I knew I could count on CC to give me the answer we needed. I agree-if the sun is on my side I don't care which balcony I have-it will be sunny. The pictures and website (which I had never seen) were an enormous help-Caribe it is. Happy cruising to all and may you always have fair seas.

Mahalo

The laundry is aft on Caribe deck on the Island. I know this as I had an all-the-way forward mini on Caribe and had the long hike. Maybe you're thinking of another ship; I know I was . . . I was wishing for the Grand-class ships where the laundry is forward on Caribe!!

We just booked a forward mini on Caribe.. The wife's not going to be happy when she finds out where the laundry is.. Especially since it's an 18 day cruise.. :p