New CC Layout

capnpugwash

• 3 weeks later...
AdBlock works well for me.

I get a blank strip of white down the right-hand side, but that's only worth mentioning to say how minimal the inconvenience is.

I tried adblock but ad (blank white screen with x) floats around the screen in diff areas still. Not minimal inconvenience.....everytime I want to click on something have to deviate the process. Very frustrating!!

@a-b-c-:

I'm very sorry to read that. It works 100% of the time for me using Safari, and about 90% of the time using Chrome. What browser are you using?

IE....trying adblock plus....still have floating white boxes with the little x on them.....I think I tried Chrome a month or so ago but had problems on some website with it. Any suggestions?

Ok, here's one low-tech suggestion: cut a heavy piece of paper to the size of the ad column, then tape it over that area on the frame of your monitor (tape it to the top only and flip it up and down for sites you wish to block ads. It won't do anything for floating ads, but at least it will block from your vision the stationary ads.

Edited by Salacia