New CC Layout

capnpugwash

At first I thought there was something wrong with my computer. The new look will take a bit of getting used to. Just a bit of distraction.

No new look here! Perhaps they are rolling it out slowly. It looks as though Capnpugwash had it and then next time he went on it was back to normal? (That's my guess, seeing he deleted his post.) :D

No new look here! Perhaps they are rolling it out slowly. It looks as though Capnpugwash had it and then next time he went on it was back to normal? (That's my guess, seeing he deleted his post.) :D

I was trying to show a screenshot but lack the technological nouse, I think its terrible with this "Do you want a cruise price" as it looks so tawdry and cheap.

I don't normally use "full screen" and didn't even know the panel was there until I read this thread lol - just narrow the size of your window , if you can't see it it won't wind you up :)

Gill

I am sure it is just some cosmic coincidence but, of all the CC boards I visit, the only board making time over the new format is Cunard.:eek: It must be offending someone else out there somewhere but, so far, I have not seen it. It is no worse than using Amazon, etc. I would rather have the ads than for CC to charge us per use.:eek::D

I am sure it is just some cosmic coincidence but, of all the CC boards I visit, the only board making time over the new format is Cunard.:eek: It must be offending someone else out there somewhere but, so far, I have not seen it. It is no worse than using Amazon, etc. I would rather have the ads than for CC to charge us per use.:eek::D

Not a great deal of activity that I've seen so far either, but I have found a couple other threads about this topic on the Carnival and Holland America boards and one on the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum.

My Screen Just got Smaller

Ads on the side of the Page......

New annoying ads on Cruise Critic

Regards,

John.

Probably the first of many more ads to follow. Ad revenue comes from impressions, viewings, and through-clicks. How much each member sees depends on various Java, Flash, and block settings.

My security settings are high, so I have no idea what others are seeing in this instance. :confused:

Jim Avery, charge us per use? That would kill Cruise Critic in no time...we volunteer our time in an effort to help fellow passengers. We derive no revenue - at least most of us don't, but there are exceptions; often not even a word of thanks from readers, and sometimes nasty flames for frank responses.

Cruise Critic makes money from our posts, and many if not most of Cruise Critic "News" is posted well after the story has been posted on these forums, using quotes from CC passengers on various forums. So who's zooming whom?

Would it be interesting to see what happened if Cruise Critic member just simply stop posting?

Salacia

I was trying to show a screenshot but lack the technological nouse, I think its terrible with this "Do you want a cruise price" as it looks so tawdry and cheap.

A suggestion: change your to security settings to avoid "tawdry and cheap"

Edited by Salacia

As I suspected, the blank white column on the right side is now filling up with distracting (ie animated) adverts :mad: .

I've never "clicked" on an advert, and never will.

So all this move has achieved, as far as I am concerned, is to make this a less pleasurable place to visit, seek information and occasionally pass on previous experience.

YUK :mad:

(As this is the Cunard board, I find it interesting that one of these new adverts is for a cruise line that is at the very bottom end of the market, a line known in the UK as a joke cruise line. Am I supposed to be tempted to think "Next time I'll cruise on one of their clapped out barely-floating-pile-of-junk cruise ships instead of Cunard"? That would have to be a very clever advert).

Edited by pepperrn

Have not noticed anything different other then the check price box to the right, when used it selects 3 different Travel agents, Refresh and re check and other 3 are selected.

701952018_ScreenShot2014-06-06at12_47_05.jpg.77559c03fdf009c1163c91c2c116bd5d.jpg

162417037_ScreenShot2014-06-06at12_47_39.jpg.a48bedd9cfc9823b8680c0442ede55cc.jpg

1039258214_ScreenShot2014-06-06at12_58_22.jpg.974132e35a157f0d1acbe31eba29cd4c.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

As I suspected, the blank white column on the right side is now filling up with distracting (ie animated) adverts :mad: .

I've never "clicked" on an advert, and never will.

So all this move has achieved, as far as I am concerned, is to make this a less pleasurable place to visit, seek information and occasionally pass on previous experience.

YUK :mad:

(As this is the Cunard board, I find it interesting that one of these new adverts is for a cruise line that is at the very bottom end of the market, a line known in the UK as a joke cruise line. Am I supposed to be tempted to think "Next time I'll cruise on one of their clapped out barely-floating-pile-of-junk cruise ships instead of Cunard"? That would have to be a very clever advert).

Only considered a joke by the cruise snobs that inhabit the 'superior' cruise boards. :rolleyes: