Can anyone tell me their experience ?

lookfwd2

I booked a Pride Solo cruise a couple of weeks out, last minute. I was thinking I would be assigned to a cabin in a bad location, but I was assigned to the Lido deck, mid ship. It was still an inside cabin, but the location was perfect. I would not have cared if I was assigned a lifeboat!! As long as I am cruising, I don't care.The only problem was that I found out that my mom needed surgery the next day after booking. Since it was within 24 hours, every penney was put back on my card. But bottom line, the cabin selection would have been great.

Edited by INCHARGE

I was wondering how it went for anyone who booked a cruise a week before sail date...we're you able to get the room type you wanted?

We booked on a Thursday for a Monday departure. As it was our first cruise with Carnival, we really had no idea about the rooms available. But we chose an oceanview room, and were quite happy with it. It's possible that it's the same room we might have chosen had we booked further out.

First knew I booked less than a week before sailing the room category I wanted wasn't showing available on line, but I called carnival and asked anyway. They were able to book me as an inside guarantee and I ended up in a 4B - location was fine as I'm not really picky.

This last cruise I took, I booked a week out and the category I wanted was available so I booked it. (1a gty).

my experiences have been positive, both when the category wasn't showing as available and when it was.

Last cruise in May was a last minute Mothers Day cruise. Booked on Tuesday for Thursday departure. Selected the guaranteed O/v and got an aft facing room on the main deck. We were very pleased and the rate was terrific!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We ended up with handicap rooms and found our bathrooms flooding inside because the shower is built differently (water did not get in the room but we could't wait to we get home to our own showers)! The good thing we were fortunate to get rooms on the Empress deck the other choices were right at the bottom of the ship, and we never want those.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience with me and your thoughts,it has been very helpful. I usually book a year in advance and do early saver but this trip I'm going with my daughter and it will have to be last minute booking so this will be a new experience for me. Thanks again!