Bonine???

nickle831

Bonine is sold at any pharmacy. I get mine at WalMart. There's a generic brand, I think it's meczaline??? Ask your pharmacist. They're much less expensive than the Bonine. At one time, Dramamine was about the only thing OTC you could buy. Bonine is MUCH better, non-drowsy formula.

The generic name is meclizine. It is sold under several brand names such as Bonine and Dramamine less drowsy formula. I recommend the generic it works as well as the brand. I know it works because my wife and I took it on our cruise through tropical storm Arlene on the Glory in June.

Check the ingredients on the brand name ones. Bonine's main ingredient is Meclizine, which is what my doctor tells me to get. There's another one too, but I don't recall the name. But they're all in the same motion sickness section of your local pharmacy.

I usually buy the Bonine rather than the generic, 'cause its chewable. I take it all the time because I get seasick on the dry land! It doesn't make me drowsy and I can still drink while taking it.

Walmart does have the cheapest prices.

Denise

If you are traveling with others or cruise frequently you may want to buy in bulk. Some pharmacies in the large chain stores (Target, Walmart, etc.,) can sell you a stock bottle of 100 Meclizine for much less than the cost of Bonine or the store's generic version. I found in NY at least that they can only sell 12.5 MG which defeats the purpose since you would have to take double the pills to get to Bonine's 25 MG. However, you can order a bottle of 100 generic Meclizine from drugstore.com in the 25 MG dose for less than $10.00.

I used Bonine on my last cruise and the kids took Dramamine. We took it the night before we cruised and then every night of the cruise before we went to bed. I am a lightweight and get carsick very easily. I never got sick on the ship! But, I did get sick the day after! I still had my sea-legs and didn't even think to take Bonine that night. One more night can't hurt! It beats sea-sick any day!

I bought a bottle of 100 tablets of the generic form, and it was about $4.00.

If you want to go cheap, do this: As soon as you get on the ship, head for the infirmary (on the Valor, it's on Deck 0). Right outside the door, you can usually get a fistful of Bonine...or the generic equivalent...for free. But you need to take it at least an hour before you "need" it, so you should take care of it as soon as you get on the ship...

I know it is a seasick pill. Can you get it in the states? I've only heard of dramamine. Thanks

Nichole

Don't leave home without it... we start taking it the NIGHT before.. then its smooth sailing...

200.jpg

0307811345017.JPG

Archived