Special areas not to miss on CB

FLUFFLULA

We're on CB in August and wondered if there are any secret areas or special things on the ship that we should be sure to see or do. We've seen lots of posts about food which we are looking forward to trying, but not much about the ship.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!:)

We're on CB in August and wondered if there are any secret areas or special things on the ship that we should be sure to see or do. We've seen lots of posts about food which we are looking forward to trying, but not much about the ship.

I would be interested in the same information. Going on my first Princess in August. I have cruised Carnival 17x so I am not a "cruise virgin" lol. Lookinf forward to a new ship, shows, and all things Princess.

Great and usually quiet access door aft on Riviera deck. Good for viewing, relaxing and allso just a few steps up to Cafe Caribe.

What are you looking for, quiet areas, action areas, evening entertainment, live music, late night nightclub, areas to smoke?

We enjoyed the views forward from the monkey bridge (the deck area atop the bridge, accessible from the Lido deck) and aft from Skywalkers. From the monkey bridge you can get a cool photo down the side length of the ship.

The aft area Pia recommends is so quiet and peaceful in the a.m.

We liked entering the Princess Theatre from the lower level on Fiesta deck, because you look up into the seats rather than down from above. We thought it made finding a desirable spot for DH and his long legs a lot easier. There are stairs to navigate that way, however.

We are mostly small ship cruisers now and had some concerns about being on such a large ship, but we loved the CB and hope to sail her or one of her sister ships again.

Edited by MJC
typo

Although not a secret, a great area on most Princess ships is the International Cafe. And on the Caribbean Princess, all the food there is included in your cruise. It is a nice alternative for small meals and snacks, instead of going to the buffet. Although they always have desserts and pastries, at breakfast they have yogurt parfaits and breakfast sandwiches. Afterwards has soup, sandwiches, salads and quiche. In the evening there is a cheese plate too. It's open 24 hours a day.

And they sell specialty coffees too (you can check all the threads about the coffee card). And there is a bar too.

What are you looking for, quiet areas, action areas, evening entertainment, live music, late night nightclub, areas to smoke?

We have found that there are often special areas on other ships that are not well-known to cruisers new to the ship, for example, a quiet area, one with a special view, best deck to read a book, or a less known area that only a few cruisers know about and enjoy. If it helps, we are in our early 60's and we've been on a total of 12 cruises on RCI, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess (this is our third Princess cruise).

We have found that there are often special areas on other ships that are not well-known to cruisers new to the ship, for example, a quiet area, one with a special view, During the daytime Skywalke's Nightclub. It has a great view, it's quiet, it's not staffed. It usually opens for the cocktail hour at 5pm. There may be times when private activities are held there.

best deck to read a book, Indoors: Skywalker's, On deck 7, Wheelhouse Bar, area along the windows outside of Explorer's Lounge, sections of Club Fusion along the windows (all deck 7 locations will have some daytime activity), Outdoors: Terrace Pool (adults only) Deck 14 aft and the seating on decks 15 and 16 above it, Deck 16 fwd, Lotus Spa Lap Pool (adults), lounge chair areas port and starboard as far back as you can go on deck 16, the Starboard side has easy access to rest rooms. Pirate's View pool and hot tub on Deck 17 aft, usually not many there

or a less known area that only a few cruisers know about and enjoy. If it helps, we are in our early 60's and we've been on a total of 12 cruises on RCI, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess (this is our third Princess cruise).

All I know is above. If you have been on the Ruby, Emerald, Crown, Sapphire, Diamond, Grand, Star or Golden Princess you will be familiar with the layout. While not the same all are similar.

I would be interested in the same information. Going on my first Princess in August. I have cruised Carnival 17x so I am not a "cruise virgin" lol. Lookinf forward to a new ship, shows, and all things Princess.

Same here. First time princess cruiser in October and looking for something differnt

Same here. First time princess cruiser in October and looking for something differnt

Me too. Taking Grand Princess to Hawaii in February and want to make the most out of it.

And what is "CB"? Thanks.

Edited by BabsinTX
added a question

I am a walker. I am a map reader. In the first day or two, I walk every floor to every corner of a ship. If a door is marked staff only and is cracked a bit, I look in but do not enter. (I did step in once and extended my arm to photo around a corner, but you know how that is. Then stepped back on the carpet.) If a door is unmarked and even looks like public space, I walk through. In short, I have walked past your cabin door and often more than once.

I do not know exactly what the OP was seeking, but if you actively explore as I do, you will find 'it'. You will find the sweet spot where you can see the deck chairs up by the funnels used only by the engineers. You will find the deck over the bridge where you can read the memory capacity of the 'black box' which is not black. You will find the special chair in the library that allows a view of the waves and the people walking by. It is important to study the texture of the crowd and the crests. You will find your gem but only if you seek it out.

Later,

M