Looking for a good time!

mmatyas237

Where is the "go-to" place in Cozumel for two young adults? Looking for good drinks and some sunshine and people our age who would like the same...thinking Mr. Sancho's but would like some input since we have never been before.

Thanks! :)

A couple years back we went to Paradise beach, and as far as I can remember there was no entrance fee and was VERY nice! They have everything the others have except an entrance fee. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We did Mr. Sanchas before and it was good, but very touristy and overcrowded.

My sister went to Nachi Cocom and said the beach is ok here and service is outstanding, but is very small and doesnt have many things to do besides relax on the beach and pool. If guess if your looking to be around more people, your best bet is the western side of the island, which is where the all-inclusive resorts are and beach clubs, and snorkeling and diving is very nice here. The east side of the island has nicer beaches (my opinion), but sometimes swimming is dangerous because of the waves, but last time we went our private guide took us to a spot where it was protected by rocks, so the water was very still and relaxing.

We heard a lot of people recommending the bar hop. We were thinking of doing that this year but we had younger family members with us, so we did the private jeep tour with cozumel cruise excursions dot net. But I think the bar hop is only 3 hours, so if you go to a beach club, you will have much more time to have fun. I think your best bet is Paradise Beach or an All-Inclusive resort which wont be as overcrowded, and have the same amenities if not more than the beach club.

Bar Hop is usually 5 hrs. 4 stops (approx. 45 minutes each). I wished it would have been 3 stops with 1.5 hrs each or something like that, as some of the places were really, really fun and relaxing! We loved the vibe of Coconuts, but our favorite was Bob Marley Rasta Bar. AWESOME! The epitome of a beach bar. Loved it.

our favorite was Bob Marley Rasta Bar. AWESOME! The epitome of a beach bar. Loved it.

Here! Here! Cheer! Cheer! for those new to Coz, The Rasta Bar's official name is Paradise Café, not to be confused with Paradise Beach Club. But all taxi drivers will know where you want to go if you say "Rasta Bar".

The downside to the Bar Hop is that sometimes they don't get enough advanced reservations so that day's Hop is cancelled.

To avoid this, the OP might consider Mr Sanchos' A.I. option as it's separated from the main beach and is adults only has its own pool and swim up bar and tends to draw a more under 50s crowd. Plus you have access to all the main beach stuff.

If you want a quieter locale, then look at Playa Palancar or Alberts further south. These aren't AIs but tend to draw people not looking for watertoys etc.. All ages, so not just a ole fo'k strip of sand.

Also go out to your ship's roll call and find out what others on your ship are doing. You might be able to organize a Bar Hop tour or get similar aged cruisers to head for the same place.

I would also like to suggest the Cozumel bar hop..Getting ready to do my 6th time on the hop on Aug 11. I have not been disappointed yet. Enjoy taking newbies on the tour. It is just too much fun. Not only do you get yummy shots on the tour, the food is delish and the tour host are the most fun!!

I would also like to suggest the Cozumel bar hop..Getting ready to do my 6th time on the hop on Aug 11. I have not been disappointed yet. Enjoy taking newbies on the tour. It is just too much fun. Not only do you get yummy shots on the tour, the food is delish and the tour host are the most fun!!

• 4 weeks later...

Punta Sur is one of our favorite places in the world.

Also - and this is probably the only time you will ever see me recommend a ship tour - Twister to Passion Island is awesome! The cruiselines have a monopoly on it - so no independent option is available. It is a really fast speed boat - you are harnessed in for a "ride" to the beautiful Passion Island. The boat does spins in the water - soooo fun! At the island - there is a buffet and all drinks are also included. There are hammocks in the ocean-very relaxing. Inflatables in the water to climb/slide. We really had a great day. If you want something fun and all-inclusive - this is a gorgeous place!