Cruise maryland 411!!

megr1125

Hmm..

You are not really on 95 long getting to the pier so that is not much of a prob...maybe 5 minutes....the road to 95, which is 295 the Balt-Wash Pkwy can be slow but knock wood...has not been when I have gone to the pier from the airport area...at least 4 times in the past year...

Wingate is super close to pretty good crabcakes at G & M...and the shuttle should happily take you there...most airport hotel shuttles will go within eh, 3 miles or so.

If you need a store though you are basically SOL..

You are making progess....and entertaining us..so....woo hoo !! :p:D

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

We'll, I'm happy I'm entertaining some of you because my wife who is in the field of dealing with people who have mental issues, thinks I need medicine...lol.

Anyway...getting closer...but it's fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We'll, I'm happy I'm entertaining some of you because my wife who is in the field of dealing with people who have mental issues, thinks I need medicine...lol.

Anyway...getting closer...but it's fun.

I can definitely associate with you, Dave. I felt the same way until I found this thread. I had NO idea of where to stay. But I am happy with my decision. Now all I have to do is sit back and count the days!!! And yes, it is fun to find new places and new experiences.

Which cruise in April are you doing? We are on the April 28 sailing to the Eastern Carrib.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne...We normally try to do at least 10 day cruises if possible, because we have found that 7-night cruises are just too short. By time I get settled in on a 7-day, I'm thinking crazy about having to pack in a few more days to come home.

We are doing two cruises on Royal Caribbean. The 8-night out of Baltimore on April 10th, We are also doing a Junior Suite that we normally do not do after trying each category at one time or another over our 23 cruises. But, we are doing our first cruise to Europe a couple of weeks later on May 3rd, that being in the Junior Suite gets us double points and will get us to Diamond Plus in time for our Europe cruise.

The Diamond Plus isn't that big of a deal because I'll probably get a bigger key chain, but since we are just casual drinkers before dinner, we do enjoy the benefit of being able to have a few glasses of wine in one of their lounges, then, after Diamond Plus status, in a concierge lounge where I can get unlimited Expresso.

Other than that, we do not flaunt that we are any level of membership. Who cares? We are just very happy and blessed that we can cruise once or twice a year but we pretty much don't do anything else all year so we can cruise. We just love it.

So...April 10th out of Baltimore to The Bahama's and May 3rd our of Barcelona to Europe with Italy intense ports.

That sounds wonderful. I have never been to Europe, let alone on a cruise. But I do hope to do it one day.

Our cruise is a 10 day also. I am a Gold member and have a long way to go. But I really don't put too much stock in that. I go because I love to cruise. Earning the points is great , though. Will be nice to get extra perks one day.

You sound like mine kind of people. Maybe one day we will get the pleasure of cruising together!!

Suzanne

Hi again Suzanne...my wife Loni and I would welcome any opportunity to cross paths on a cruise. I'm in the media field and work and see hundreds of people daily. We just enjoy other people's company. That is also why we ask for a larger table at dinner on the ship. The great stories from all different types of people is so interesting. As they say, life is too short to be grumpy at everything, especially on a ship.

It's just amazing that we can be on such a vessel, so we never get worked up over the food, service or anything else. Most of the time the food tastes better than what we ruin when cooking.

Anyway, you will also have a great time and we will let you know how Europe. We've been saving up for almost 10 years now, and the time has finally come.

Dave

Something that may be useful for your page - for people who plan to drive and park (locals, folks close enough for no hotel, etc), my favorite airport parking lot it now servicing the port. I noticed the prices are a bit higher than their airport parking, but this place is awesome. They pick up/drop off at you car and even put your bags in your trunk :). Econopark Express: http://www.econoparkexpress.com/cruise/default.asp

Thanks so much Meg - I was looking and looking for hotels w/packages and everything kept saying sold out or I couldn't find the package on some. Just booked Hampton Inn White Marsh pkg - Perfect!

Andrea

OK this sounds crazy but I cannot figure out how I found the park and cruise package! Wanted to go back to see exactly what's included (shuttle, #days pkg, etc) and I cannot find it (which was my problem last time!) They show all kinds of offers under "special offers" but the cruise one isn't listed.

Edited by startin_to_cruise

startin_

IIRC is isn't under specials (that would make sense..LOL) but when you start to book, there's something that will say show additional rates (after you put in dates, and then a couple rates show, it's tiny type)

Click that and it should come up....

OK....

Startin_to_cruise

here's how to find the park & cruise rates....this will work for any Hilton brand...

After you put in your dates and hit enter, this is what will come up

hamptonshowrates11024x525_zps828d50ae.jpg

After you click the link, you'll get the other rates...

hamptonshowrates21024x510_zpsce285c79.jpg

THEN, you can click the "rate details" link and find it....

I just used random dates, so they may change..and I didn't click any of the check boxes on the left, they sort of just self-populate

Hth

Something that may be useful for your page - for people who plan to drive and park (locals, folks close enough for no hotel, etc), my favorite airport parking lot it now servicing the port. I noticed the prices are a bit higher than their airport parking, but this place is awesome. They pick up/drop off at you car and even put your bags in your trunk :). Econopark Express: http://www.econoparkexpress.com/cruise/default.asp

Thanks....I shall make a note of that!!

Thanks so much Meg - I was looking and looking for hotels w/packages and everything kept saying sold out or I couldn't find the package on some. Just booked Hampton Inn White Marsh pkg - Perfect!

Andrea

OK this sounds crazy but I cannot figure out how I found the park and cruise package! Wanted to go back to see exactly what's included (shuttle, #days pkg, etc) and I cannot find it (which was my problem last time!) They show all kinds of offers under "special offers" but the cruise one isn't listed.

I'm having the exact same problem. Even when I click to show all offers it doesn't come up. I can get the cruise package for The Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn in Glen Burnie but not the Hampton in White Marsh. I even put in other dates. I was able to get a pretty good rate for the Fairfield Inn in White Marsh. How does that stack up to the Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn?

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
You're welcome!! Yes, it's a nice place.....and there is a LOT of stuff nearby...just be aware that the I-95 in the area has a LOT of construction, so be sure you're properly caffeinated !!!

Plenty of shops and places to eat as well....you're good....

I have read alot about the ongoing construction which is affecting the I-95 exit to the port. Do you know if there will be sufficient signage with detour info on how to access the port then? We are driving from NJ on July 18, leaving around 630/7 a.m.....a little under 3 hr drive. Any input helpful! :)

Thanks.

Just a question for anyone who can help me out.

We are cruising out of Baltimore on the Pride in 20 days and we are staying at the Sleep Inn and Suites on Belle Grove Road because they have the Park and Cruise package.

Are there any restaurants near there?? We will also be hunting down a Wal-Mart prior to the cruise to pick up our pop and water.

thanks in advance

I have read alot about the ongoing construction which is affecting the I-95 exit to the port. Do you know if there will be sufficient signage with detour info on how to access the port then? We are driving from NJ on July 18, leaving around 630/7 a.m.....a little under 3 hr drive. Any input helpful! :)

Thanks.

There should be...when I was last there, no construction was happening. I will see if I can find out...or perhaps one of the local peeps knows?

There should be...when I was last there, no construction was happening. I will see if I can find out...or perhaps one of the local peeps knows?

As you travel south on Interstate 95 from NJ you will see signs for the Fortt Mc Henry tunnel. Make sure you stay in the very right lane before you enter the tunnel.

As you exit the tunnel your exit will be a 100 or so yards so follow to stop light turn left and you will be at the entrance to the cruis port.

You will not be affected by the construction on 95.

Just make sure you are in the far right lane before you enter the tunnel.

As a head's up when you travel down 95 as you get near the White Marsh area there will be a sizeable construction zone going on, before that there will most likely be a speed enforcement camera truck waitng to give you a $40 ticket if you exceed the speed limit. So just keep posted speed and you will be ok.

As you travel south on Interstate 95 from NJ you will see signs for the Fortt Mc Henry tunnel. Make sure you stay in the very right lane before you enter the tunnel.

As you exit the tunnel your exit will be a 100 or so yards so follow to stop light turn left and you will be at the entrance to the cruis port.

As a head's up when you travel down 95 as you get near the White Marsh area there will be a sizeable construction zone going on, before that there will most likely be a speed enforcement camera truck waitng to give you a $40 ticket if you exceed the speed limit. So just keep posted speed and you will be ok.

We are staying at a hotel in White Marsh the night before our August cruise. We are coming up 695 and will not be on 95 at all traveling to the hotel and heading home. We have a shuttle to the port. Will we be on 95 for that ride? Would there be a better area to stay in to avoid that construction project?

We are staying at a hotel in White Marsh the night before our August cruise. We are coming up 695 and will not be on 95 at all traveling to the hotel and heading home. We have a shuttle to the port. Will we be on 95 for that ride? Would there be a better area to stay in to avoid that construction project?

You will be on 95 from the hotel to the cruise port but no need to worry the construction will have no effect on you ride. Since the construction near the cruise port is south of tbe cruise port exit.

With regular trafiic you are about a 10 to 15 minute ride from hotel to port.

The Maryland Cruise Terminal is located on McComas St. in Locust Point. Less than a ten minute drive away there is a Walmart at 2607 Port Covington Drive, Try a Google map.

Thank you. I mapped out a Wal-Mart from our hotel that is about 3 miles away

You will be on 95 from the hotel to the cruise port but no need to worry the construction will have no effect on you ride. Since the construction near the cruise port is south of tbe cruise port exit.

With regular trafiic you are about a 10 to 15 minute ride from hotel to port.

Tony - Thank you for your help and info!

Thanks to you both for the heads up! Will be on the look out for the speed camera truck. Last thing we want is a ticket to start off our vacation!! Glad there will be no construction at our exit to port terminal!