Winnipeg to Miami

winterpeg2004

Planning our cruise for November and am starting to look at air fare.

Just wondering if any one has booked a winnipeg to miami flight recently and what it cost you.

We are seeing flights around 1600 but not sure if this price will go lower orif that is the usual selling price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Planning our cruise for November and am starting to look at air fare.

Just wondering if any one has booked a winnipeg to miami flight recently and what it cost you.

We are seeing flights around 1600 but not sure if this price will go lower orif that is the usual selling price.

Prices will be all over the map. $1600 per person is high. Have you looked at prices with Delta, United, WestJet and Air Canada?

$1,600 seems high even for Scare Canada and Westjet.

I'd suggest you use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm to check out various flight options. If you are not familiar with this site you cannot book anything on it but it gives you a great summary of fares/times/airlines and then can either book directly with the airline/TA or on-line booking.

Some tips on getting a better fare:

1) Include Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) into your airport search. It's about 30 miles from Miami and is usually a less expensive alternative.

2) See if it's worth the drive to Fargo or Grand Forks to get a better fare. When flying out of Ottawa we always check Syracuse and it sometimes saves hundreds of dollars.

3) Play around with the dates (come in a day early, stay an extra day). I always find weekend flights to Florida a lot more expensive than weekdays.

I don't know when your cruise is but I took a quick look in mid-November and saw fare from Winnigpeg for $800 and fare from Fargo for $500.

Just to add a few more details, the 1600 price is for two of us.

Due to work schedules and our kids we are stuck flying out on a Saturday and returning on a Sunday.

I have looked at Fargo, but don't really want a 3hr drive after a week long cruise and flying all day. The prices out of Fargo were around 850 for both of us a few months ago but could not commit to buying them but now they are well over a 1000 now.

We are in Calgary so not sure about Winnipeg but the cost of $1600 for 2 isn't too bad but you might get better. You might be lucky if you wait as there might be seat sales offered after the summer. November is not a blackout month. We we flew to Ft Lauderdale at Christmas of 2012 (so peak) I think we were around $900-$1000 pp. however that's a risk and it might go up instead of down.

I agree with the other posts, have you checked the prices of Grand Forks? It's only a couple of hrs drive but in November that might be a bad drive.

the 1600 price is for two of us.
Air fares are sold per person, so that's the more helpful way of comparing them.

Otherwise, if you say this, we don't know whether it's for one person, two people or a family of eight; not everyone travels in pairs:-

We are seeing flights around 1600 ...

$1,600 seems high even for Scare Canada and Westjet.

I'd suggest you use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm to check out various flight options. If you are not familiar with this site you cannot book anything on it but it gives you a great summary of fares/times/airlines and then can either book directly with the airline/TA or on-line booking.

Some tips on getting a better fare:

1) Include Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) into your airport search. It's about 30 miles from Miami and is usually a less expensive alternative.

2) See if it's worth the drive to Fargo or Grand Forks to get a better fare. When flying out of Ottawa we always check Syracuse and it sometimes saves hundreds of dollars.

3) Play around with the dates (come in a day early, stay an extra day). I always find weekend flights to Florida a lot more expensive than weekdays.

I don't know when your cruise is but I took a quick look in mid-November and saw fare from Winnigpeg for $800 and fare from Fargo for $500.

My DD lives in Fort Lauderdale and she is taking a flight from Sandford Florida to Fargo SD for a language camp in Minnesota and knowing her budget this is as cheap a flight to Florida as you will get. :p Alliant Airlines I think. You might also price to Orlando. It is a 4 hour drive to Miami but flights there are sometimes cheaper because of the draw of the mouse. Easy to drive down in rental car. Might see if can get a cheaper flight to a hub and then take another flight to FLL/MIA. I think that $1600 is pretty high. I am pricing flights to Tokyo Japan for Feb. and they are less than $1,400 Maryland to Tokyo roundtrip economy (5,000 miles each way)

We share your pain also being from the "Peg"

In addition to the options suggested have you looked at Sun Wing or Air Transit?

Have you looked at the cruise air option offered by the cruise company which might be an alternative?

Good luck, airfare from Canada has always been robbery with violence and it is only getting worse.

Well we broke down and bought our airfare. We paid just over $1600 to fly out of winnipeg.

Could of paid less and got back in later on the return but decided on a flight that gets us at home 8:40.