getting taxi when departing to Hobby

It's no problem at all. Just walk out of the terminal and you will see all the taxis lined up. After looking at alternate transport, we used taxis both ways and I would definitely go that way if we ever use Galveston again.

I found that pre-booking a shuttle service was cheaper . I had very good service to/from Hobby/Galveston by Island Breeze Shuttle. Lee was on time, courteous , very helpful and shuttle was clean.

Here's the link http://islandbreezeshuttle.com/

Some taxies are not licensed to go outside of Galveston so you need to ask first.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Closer to $75. Galveston to IAH is about $120.

Shuttles are much less.

We paid $93, Hobby to the Harbor Inn and $98 from the terminal to Hobby. There were four adults and lots of luggage. It was a large van and on both trips we had really talkative, amusing drivers. We were quoted $35 pp for the shuttle, Hobby to the Harbor Inn, $140 for the four of us.

If you taxi it, make sure to agree on a price ahead of time. Our taxi driver tried to scam us going from Galveston to Texas City.

Both taxis that we used had meters. I'm not very knowledgeable about taxis, but not sure how you can get scammed when they use a meter..

Both taxis that we used had meters. I'm not very knowledgeable about taxis, but not sure how you can get scammed when they use a meter..

Because we didn't notice he didn't turn the meter on when we left. Not living in the city I have hardly ever taken a taxi and never thought about it when we got in.

We paid $93, Hobby to the Harbor Inn and $98 from the terminal to Hobby. There were four adults and lots of luggage. It was a large van and on both trips we had really talkative, amusing drivers. We were quoted $35 pp for the shuttle, Hobby to the Harbor Inn, $140 for the four of us.

Good price.

I was pricing a regular car. You did good with the van.