Dream review, tons of pics, 3 beach reviews!

bluejay555

Now, for those of you not familiar with Nachi Cocom, it is this fantastic little beach club that is all-inclusive and very reasonably priced, at $55 for age 16 and older, $35 for kids age 12-15, and $17 for ages 4-11. 3 and under are free. Not to mention, they only allow up to 100 visitors a day, so it's never overly crowded. We tried counting heads and thought there were approx. 50 people there with us. There was also a large party of Mexicans that came for a luncheon, but didn't swim or anything. They seemed to be having a LOT of fun!

Love, love, LOVE your review!! My BF and I will be on the Dream in a cove balcony in November. BUT I have a question about the beach club, was it a Carnival sponsored excursion? I can't find it on their list

Love, love, LOVE your review!! My BF and I will be on the Dream in a cove balcony in November. BUT I have a question about the beach club, was it a Carnival sponsored excursion? I can't find it on their list

Nachi Cocum is independent from Carnival. Taxi ride there is about $16 each way. Great time.

Here's a few...Moneyball, The Monuments Men, The Great Gasby, 42, Divergent, Thor, The Lego Movie and Frozen. Just don't have the 1st couple nights on me.

Plus Grown Ups, Les Misrables, and the Vow.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, we went on a little vacation and just got back!

Hi! Thanks for posting this review with all the pics!

I will refer back to it because I've never had a cove balcony and have never been to Jamaica! You provided great info on both.

By the way... I love the Twilight Zone too! My favorite Carnival frozen drink.

Looks like your family had a great time. Enjoyed seeing all the details

Thanks again! I know the reviews take a lot of time and energy:)

Thank you! :D

What an awesome review, I just spent an hour going through the whole thing and loving your pictures, I feel like I know your kids now lol...they are too cute and you all look like you had a blast.

Question, we have planned to go on the Dream Sept 2015 so we still have quite a ways to go but we currently have 16 month old twins and want them to be a little older, we took a cruise this past April and it was a bit miserable with them being so tiny. How far in advance did you book your cruise? We were planning on booking ours Feb 2015, tax time! We definitely want to go with a cove balcony, I am thinking Sept isn't a super popular time of year since school is in but my 6 year old (will be 7 when we sail) has a week off in Sept so thats when we're going, I just don't want all the cove's to be sold out, we will be booking about 8 months in advance. The cruise we took this past April, it sold out completely 4 months before departure but it was a spring break cruise, so just curious how far in advance you booked? I am sure June is a busy month too.

Thanks :) We booked about 3 and a half months in advance and there were plenty of coves to select from.

Thank you for your review. Loved all the pics and descriptions. We will be on Dream this Sept. Can't wait. We are planning on going to Paradise Beach while in Cozumel this time around but with the wonderful pics you posted on here I am wondering if I shouldn't make a change in plans. :D

Nachi is really great!!! I've read wonderful things about paradise beach though. Have a wonderful time!!

Yippee I am 200 great review thank you

Our. Secret to b2b is we decide do we want that second week more or the balcony depending on mood sometimes the second week wins sometimes the balcony wins but either way I am so excited and it is so hard to keep the secret from my 15 yo ds but it will be worth it

That's a good way to do it! and what a great surprise for your son!!!

Lol. That's awesome. I work in Festus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Wow, small world!!!

What a great review! I loved it! Your daughters are beautiful, and they look like they had a ball.

I lol'ed about the towel animals. They look like babies.

Thanks, and yes, total babies :p

What a great review, I'm so glad I found it. We live in St Louis and are considering a cruise for our next vacation 3/15. We did Disney this year and Mexico all inclusive last year. I was pretty much sold on Disney or RCCL but have been swung competely towards Carnival in part b/c of cost, dining options, and I think the best overall options for fun for our 5 year old daughter and 14 year old son. Thanks again for taling the time and love the pics!

Thanks! I think you will love cruising with Carnival!!

Thanks! As cccer said, it's an independent beach club, not a Carnival excursion. Don't let that scare you away though, I'm the type who usually sticks with the "safe" Carnival stuff, but we've been to Nachi twice now and have had no problems.

Your girls are so cute and look so happy!! I love the nail polish! Their smiles show what a wonderful time they are having. Glad your cruise was a fun time.

Thanks for a great review, I loved all your pictures, your choices of "excursions" the information about the bees wax, is important! Not that I would braid my hair.:o

I spent my hour lunch at work reading this, this is one ship we keep talk about doing.

OH, I almost forgot! People are always asking what the dress code is for the dining room. Well we were told we couldn't stay because we were wearing flip flops. Now we all had jewels or rhinestones on them except for little Josie, who's were solid black, but looked nice... not ratty. Not to mention, my mom and I both had fancy shirts with black slacks and the girls were wearing dresses. Please. The lady at the entrance to the dining room said we needed to go ask the maître d' if he would make an allowance. She pointed him out to us and we said yeah, yeah, we're on our way... but guess what... we just made a beeline for our table and no one called us on it. Blah, whatever! We were seated and no one could see our feet anyway at that point.

Wow! I've never known them to enforce the dress code rule. I always see tacky denim shorts on men and horrible hoochie mama mini skirts on women (who have no business wearing them!)

Wow! I've never known them to enforce the dress code rule. I always see tacky denim shorts on men and horrible hoochie mama mini skirts on women (who have no business wearing them!)

I ran into so many new employees. Seems like every worker I asked about something or other, said they weren't sure because it was their first time on this ship. I wonder if this woman was new and taking her dining room job very seriously ;)

And we saw a gentleman in the dining room on formal night that had denim shorts, a starch-white dress shirt, and bowtie. He looked hilarious, and seemed like a fun guy. Apparently he made it past the dress code police....

Thanks for a great review, I loved all your pictures, your choices of "excursions" the information about the bees wax, is important! Not that I would braid my hair.:o

I spent my hour lunch at work reading this, this is one ship we keep talk about doing.

Thanks for reading! :D

The mothers side of the story can be found here. She's trying hard to make Carnival look bad.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/carnival_cruise_lines.htm

They finally let me and and continue to question him. They left and came back and told me that my son and me where to get off the ship and figure out how to get home from Jamaica.

Wow, that is messed up. Confine them to quarters, but leave them in a developing nation.

What if they didn't have a passport?

I didn't travel with one before.