Bit of a blog – Legend of the Seas - Ultimate Scandinavia & Russia – June 18th 2014

Our friend thought we could take the train and then walk to the pair from where we got off the train. He was guessing 10 minutes but that was from looking at Rick Steves book and I think that came back before the new port.

I tried to check and see how far that actually is, but haven't had any luck. I did see that it is "quite a bit further" on cruiseportwiki.

Worrying about getting on a bus with the luggage or whether we could get stuck on the end of the train is not a good start to the trip.

We left Tivoli before the concert actually started, but there sure were lots of people, that's for sure. Of course, I have no base of reference for how many people are normally there on a Tuesday night. It seemed like you would be able to hear the concert from throughout the park. I thought we might hear it from our hotel, but we didn't.

We leave on the NCL star from Copenhagen in two weeks, so I'm so excited to see your posts about Copenhagen. Can you share the location of the stores selling vintage board games? We are travelling with gaming friends and I'd love to surprise them with something unique.

And thanks for the bus photos!

They're at Skindergade 17, which is not far from Stroget. They're on the same side of the street and a few doors along from a camera shop called Fotografica. They had more kinds of Monopoly than I knew existed! http://www.faraos.dk/

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Good morning roll call peeps!!

Debbie : there is no way you can walk to Oceankaj from a station. No way at all. The route the bus took yesterday was around 15 minutes from Osterport station and is very rambling. According to Google maps it would take an hour to walk that route.

Vik : maybe see you at breakfast!

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

We are very excited about returning to Copenhagen for embarkation, it is one of our favorite ports!

We are thinking about the Bethel as a base next year. You have already mentioned that noise has not been an issue for you at the front of the building. I am concerned about the lack of air-conditioning. How are the temperatures?

My room is on floor 2 on the front and with the window open all day and night I'm comfortable. Nancy has a room on the 3rd floor on the side so she sees the canal from her room. Her room is very warm. She also hears the beep beep beep of the pedestrian crossing signal.

That's something. Do NOT ever jay walk in Copenhagen. You're likely to be taken out by a bicycle. Most of the junctions are light controlled. Just an observation not a personal experience!

Nancy and I meet up after lunch and we got to the Jewish Museum which is in a stunning location tucked out of the way. Entry is free with the Copenhagen card. Very interesting short film on the history of Jews in Denmark and a display of artefacts going back hundreds of years.

WP_000894.jpg

The Museum is in the grounds of the Royal Library. Beautiful and tranquil.

WP_000896.jpg

WP_000897.jpg

We again make use of the Copenhagen card and take a canal tour by boat.

I've many pics but will only share a few; as is usual I can't remember what they all are of!

Many military places of interest and the occasional vessel turned into a museum. These cannon are fired daily.

WP_000902.jpg

The Little Mermaid IS little.

WP_000906.jpg

The National Opera House

WP_000908.jpg

Our Saviour's Church with a stairway around the spire.

WP_000910.jpg

The bridges are very low

WP_000914.jpg

Passengers HAVE to sit going through the bridges which are many. Loved the engravings on this one

WP_000915.jpg

We have supper at a Pizza restaurant a few doors along from the hotel. There is a reason we have come back. More about that later...... oooooh she's being mysterious.....

WP_000920.jpg

I have asparagus with egg yolk and truffles.

WP_000924.jpg

Nancy has the pizza special.

WP_000925.jpg

Really nice. Had a little issue with the menu which purports to have grape juice. It was grapefruit juice. When I tried to explain to the waiter why what he'd brought me was wrong I didn't do too well. People on the next table advised him what I was trying to say. Not his fault. Whoever did the translation on the menu.....

Bus stop around the corner from the hotel. We are on our way to Tivoli.

WP_000926.jpg

Crowds. There is to be a John Mayer concert. People can purchase tickets to be near the stage. We don't.

WP_000927.jpg

The gardens are lovely. There are areas away from the hullabaloo. Many food outlets. And of course many many rides; we have entered free on the Copenhagen card and I don't do white knuckle rides. At all. Ever. Rides are charged separately to the entry fee.

WP_000937.jpg

WP_000940.jpg

This is as close as we get to the stage.

WP_000941.jpg

Time for breakfast. Then a bit of shopping / sightseeing before we head to the pier. Sooooo excited!!!!

Could have done with another day here.... will have to come back. Beautiful city and everyone is extremely helpful.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Left hotel in taxi at 11am with Nancy and a couple from the roll call. 200 DKK for all of us. Pinged on board 1130. Say waiting for Park Cafe to open. Already spoken to MTD about the GF thing.

Nancy's case never arrived. She flew AA then Air Berlin who have been promising to deliver it ever since. Hopefully before sailaway......

From my mobile so apologies for predictive text

They're at Skindergade 17, which is not far from Stroget. They're on the same side of the street and a few doors along from a camera shop called Fotografica. They had more kinds of Monopoly than I knew existed! http://www.faraos.dk/

Thank you! I've added a pin in my Google Map and will definitely swing by!

Have a wonderful cruise!

In room. Home from home. Minibar items all left out on vanity unit as no fridge type cooler thing. Where are prices? Have stashed them away and left note out as to whereabouts.

Soccer IS being shown though bit confused as to which matches. Compass says :

Australia v Netherlands

Spain v Chile

Cameroon v Australia

Unpacked. Nancy's bag appeared outside her room. Mine was inside mine.

6 bottles of Evian and a can of coke have been declared amenities. I have asked for anything NOT mine to be removed. I also have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion in the bathroom.

All very confusing.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Unpacked. Nancy's bag appeared outside her room. Mine was inside mine.

6 bottles of Evian and a can of coke have been declared amenities. I have asked for anything NOT mine to be removed. I also have shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion in the bathroom.

All very confusing.

I may have missed it Linda, but what category stateroom are you in?

Hi Linda

I'm following you along with great interest. Doing the Scandinavia and Russia 12 night on Brilliance in a couple of weeks time, so keen to see what you think of the places on our itinerary.

Enjoy yourself! :D

Hi Linda

Enjoying your blog. What did you think of the check-in, when we were at the port a couple of weeks ago to join Infinity, it was a shambles, with only one security machine open and not very well sign posted to guide you to the correct check in area, ie Elite and above.

Look forward to hearing about the ports, we are in Riga for a wedding in August, never been before.

Geraldine :):)

Subscribing! This is an itinerary I'd love to do someday. All my grandparents were from Riga, so I'd love to see it. First though, we have to do Italy, where my in-laws were from.

Looking forward to more!

Subscribing. :)

Really enjoying your review so far.

We're cruising to Scandinavia and Russia in August on the Brilliance so I am most interested in your experience.

Edited by rednancy1