Adventure of the Seas Iceland & Norway Cruise May 30 2014 Sailing Review

I don't know if you posted it in the review but where did you rent the car in Alesund. And about how long was the drive? I am doing a search.

Yes, I discussed this earlier. Rented the car from Avis/Budget.

Check out this blog post - http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/07/adventure-of-seas-day-9-alesund-part-1.html

Also the subsequently pages go through in quite some detail on our driving trip in Alesund, to Trollstigen and back.

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

More pictures of the fjord cruise. This was the entrance to the fjord.

2igno28.jpg

That was the Pulpit Rock. Fascinating piece of geology. You could hike up there if you wanted. Not for us today.

2romblf.jpg

Remember, we are on a boat, looking up. I suppose the views from up there would be incredible. Maybe we leave that for another day.

wv4leo.jpg

More pictures on my blog posts:

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-stavanger-on-board.html

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-stavanger-on-board_3.html

After lunch. Our fjord ferry got back at about 1pm. We returned to the ship, took a quick lunch, deposited the kids in the Adventure Ocean, and we disembarked again to explore the city.

54915l.jpg

You can see the ship from here.

110ehk5.jpg

There were streets to explore.

28it6au.jpg

A map, if you got lost.

ve262w.jpg

McDonald's. If you cared for it.

4ugtbo.jpg

How much does a Big Mac meal cost? Answer - 85 NOK or about 15 USD.

nch9oz.jpg

See the following two blog posts for more pictures as well as the sail away from Stavanger.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-stavanger-norway-part.html

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-stavanger-norway-part_3.html

Day 13 - Sea Day. Our last full day on the ship. Oh well, all good things need to come to an end. Looks like our holiday was ending.

I was up early, as usual. A rather empty Cafe Promenade.

2evbtxu.jpg

Well, it was a sea day. Nobody was up early.

izb4na.jpg

Enjoy this video of the Cafe Promenade:

Where was this? The Chinese-themed Imperial Lounge.

i5bpfc.jpg

I don't gamble. But I take photos.

2r5xpvs.jpg

They had these huge button mushrooms for breakfast. They tasted good with ketchup.

9qie05.jpg

Check out my blog post for more pictures, including some huge cakes!

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-day-13-sea-day-part-1.html

Main Dining Room - Day 13. Our final MDR for this cruise.

ixayza.jpg

What was this? Something I didn't really know how to appreciate. But hey, I'm on a cruise. Time to try new stuff.

wat3ic.jpg

Lamb Shank. Not bad

n5inag.jpg

Some dessert.

wks03k.jpg

Check out my blog post for more pictures!

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/08/adventure-of-seas-day-13-sea-day-mdr.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that I have learnt how to embed videos, let me enhance this review by embedding some of the videos from this sailing for easier reference.

Cabin 1388 - Aft balcony cabin

[YOUTUBE]_AY9BwVSTHc[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer Cafe - Breakfast offerings

[YOUTUBE]uBAE5twNaKA[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer Cafe - Afternoon tea

[YOUTUBE]N-iS05qXDR4[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer Cafe - Make your own pizza

[YOUTUBE]sN3ZVJA5fh0[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer Cafe - Dinner offerings

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Very helpful review! I will be stopping at the last 4 ports you mentioned on my upcoming Disney Cruise this summer and your review gave me a lot of ideas and options for our port days. Thank you!

Edited by jody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

That sounds like a wonderful cruise. We would be interested for 2017. Royal Caribbean doesn't have their 2017 Europe schedules out yet -- but when I looked at the 2016 cruises I could not find a cruise that went to both Iceland and Norway from Southhampton. Sounds like Royal Caribbean may not offer that itinerary anymore?

Anyhow, thank you for sharing the details of your wonderful trip, I ended up going to the link to your "blog" and read the whole thing. Will save for future reference.

That sounds like a wonderful cruise. We would be interested for 2017. Royal Caribbean doesn't have their 2017 Europe schedules out yet -- but when I looked at the 2016 cruises I could not find a cruise that went to both Iceland and Norway from Southhampton. Sounds like Royal Caribbean may not offer that itinerary anymore?

Anyhow, thank you for sharing the details of your wonderful trip, I ended up going to the link to your "blog" and read the whole thing. Will save for future reference.

Thanks for your post! Well, I'm not sure the most current itineraries from Southampton. We did notice that the sailings from Southampton seems to have been reduced. Anyway, this particular itinerary was only offered once (or at most twice) throughout that entire year that we sailed, so in a way this cruise was very unique for us!

Thank you for a great review. Found it today. Will be going to Norway May 2016. Serenade of the Seas with stops in Stavanger, Bergen, Alesund & Geiranger. Return from Copenhagen.

Heather.

Thank you for your comment. Guess what? We are also going on the Serenade in May 2016! But I think our cruise is after yours. Our sailing is on 29 May 2016 and we will start from Copenhagen and head to Stockholm, Tallin, St Petersburg, Helsinki and back to Copenhagen.

Hope you have a great cruise and we are certainly looking forward to ours.

Looking back at this review, I realised that this was done before I learnt how to embed videos on the cruise critic forum. So let me start embedding some of the more useful videos, to facilitate reading.

For pre-cruise, we stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay, which was a very convenient place to get to the ship, and to walk to the Southampton city center. Here is a video of the Family Room and breakfast.

[YOUTUBE]NFUtrUcYPZs[/YOUTUBE]

On board the Adventure of the Seas, here is the Diamond Lounge.

Early in the morning. Not many passengers were up yet. I was still suffering from jet lag, so was up early.

[YOUTUBE]6wuTqtNWv1w[/YOUTUBE]

The lounge again, this time during evening cocktail hours. Lively atmosphere!

[YOUTUBE]C0XiSD6V6kU[/YOUTUBE]