Does Carnival offer connecting rooms in 2+3 configuration?

Sigyn

There are five of us traveling - two parents and three kids. I thought Carnival offered connecting rooms in a 2+3 configuration, with the two parents in one room and our kids next door in a room with a door that connects inside to our room.

I can even see that configuration available on the Carnival website on their Conquest class ships.

But I talked to a Carnival customer service agent last night and she said that they do not offer that in their Conquest class ships. That any room with three beds does not adjoin to a room with two beds.

Has anyone done this? Had three in one room and two in another and had them adjoin, while on a Conquest class Carnival ship?

We're going to the Caribbean next summer, on a 7-day cruise, so I'm trying to get connecting rooms since our youngest will only be 7 years old.

Thanks!

There are five of us traveling - two parents and three kids. I thought Carnival offered connecting rooms in a 2+3 configuration, with the two parents in one room and our kids next door in a room with a door that connects inside to our room.

I can even see that configuration available on the Carnival website on their Conquest class ships.

But I talked to a Carnival customer service agent last night and she said that they do not offer that in their Conquest class ships. That any room with three beds does not adjoin to a room with two beds.

Has anyone done this? Had three in one room and two in another and had them adjoin, while on a Conquest class Carnival ship?

We're going to the Caribbean next summer, on a 7-day cruise, so I'm trying to get connecting rooms since our youngest will only be 7 years old.

Thanks!

The deck plans will be more accurate than any customer service representative, many of whom have never been on a cruise before. If the room allows you to book three and it has the connecting stateroom symbol, just ask any CSR or PVP to book those two staterooms. As long as they are available, you'll be fine.

Edited by Disconnections

Funny you should ask. We just booked less than an hour ago on the Dream for August. Four adults and a 2 and 4 year old. Our PVP got us 2 oceanview rooms that connect. They have the regular bed configuration and a sleeper sofa. Don't know if this is on other ships but it is on the dream. Hope this helps.

We just got off the fantasy and had connecting ocean view rooms. Both rooms only had two beds but there was also a cot under the bed. So you could always do that if there under it. They made our room a king and the kids had singles. It was perfect! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Funny you should ask. We just booked less than an hour ago on the Dream for August. Four adults and a 2 and 4 year old. Our PVP got us 2 oceanview rooms that connect. They have the regular bed configuration and a sleeper sofa. Don't know if this is on other ships but it is on the dream. Hope this helps.

We just booked the same for July 6 on the Dream, 2 Premium OV connecting doors with sleeper sofa in each...1315/1319...Dennis

The are many configurations connecting 2+3 for Oceanview and Balcony rooms, but not for Inside rooms on the Conquest class ships. Were you looking to book inside cabins? If that was the case, then they do not have connecting configurations. Otherwise, you are fine.

The are many configurations connecting 2+3 for Oceanview and Balcony rooms, but not for Inside rooms on the Conquest class ships. Were you looking to book inside cabins? If that was the case, then they do not have connecting configurations. Otherwise, you are fine.

This is correct. I have booked my family of 6 in 2 connecting Ocean view rooms on both the Freedom and Liberty. There is no reason why one of these could not have had 2 people.

I have searched but not found any interiors that connect - except for some on deck 6 that only hold 2 people in each.

I was trying to book oceanview rooms. then when the 3+2 wasn't available (this was on the Glory), she suggested inside. But it wasn't available for that category, either.

I'll check the Dream.

This wasn't "just" a customer service rep. I should have been more specific. She's a PVP with Carnival and has been there a long time. She's a friend of a friend.

We're a family of 5 and I've been pricing cruises for next summer. Dream, Magic, Breeze and Sunshine all have connecting OV rooms that will sleep 5. Dream, Magic and Breeze even have a porthole(interior) that connects with an OV that will sleep 5.

Hello,

I rang Carnival to book the same configuration (3+2) for this August on the Liberty. This was last year so certainly not last minute....the category included staterooms on Riviera and main decks. However the lady I spoke to spent about 2 hours trying to find us an adjoining stateroom. The deck plans showed availability but when she tried to book the rooms they system would not allow her to do it.

Eventually she had success although they are not rooms I would have particularly chosen because they are in the aft of the ship on Riviera deck, even though there was availability in the midship main deck for the same cost she couldn't do it. We have a little girl who is seven months and 2 older children so we needed the rooms to connect so we were just grateful in the end that she managed to find them.

The rooms are ov with sofas in both.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Try this:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/conquest/conquest.ashx

Click on "connecting staterooms" link on the left.

Edited by winddawn

I had an interior room with a porthole on the Breeze last year that connected to another room, but I do not know if that room was also an interior with a porthole or an OV. My room had two beds and the couch that could be used as a bed.

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

Delete

Edited by Warm Breezes

Thanks!

I just looked at a Carnival deck plan for the Glory and there ARE some options for a double and a triple, but not many. There are 2 cabins in a category 6A - they are 1424 (double) and 1422 (triple) also a set in category 6C - 2336 (double) and 2332 (triple).

I know that Carnival usually has restrictions about booking less people in the cabin than the cabin would hold, especially during high seasons, like the summer. I DID see a lot of connecting cabins that were both triple cabins, but Carnival would probably not allow you to put 2 people in a double cabin.

I have given you two options above, maybe one of them will work with the date you are looking for.