French Riviera in Late May - Weather?

JVNYC

Good day everyone. I am considering an Oceania cruise in late May next year that hits many ports on the French Riviera: Antibes, St. Tropez, Marseille, Cannes, Monte Carlo.

I've never visited the south of France so I'm not sure how the weather will be. I know the summers are very hot and crowded (I certainly don't mind that), but how is it in late May?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Wonderful IMO. I love cruising the Med in late May.

We were in Monte Carlo and Provence the last week in May on Riviera and the weather was outstanding: high 60's to low 70's each day of our Istanbul to Barcelona cruise, which for me is the perfect weather for sightseeing.

We just returned from a month in France including a couple of weeks driving around the south. The weather, late this May and into June was extremely hot (tres chaud) with a couple of days hitting the low 90s. This is not normal as we usually get perfect weather with temps in the low 80s, but France and a big chunk of Europe had a hot spring. We had to even use the A/C (a couple of nights) in our Avignon apartment.

When coming to France (or anywhere in Europe) in the spring you need to pack layers so you can handle any weather from cool rain to hot days. But the norm would be 75-80 and gorgeous.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

How are the evening temperatures during this time? I'm seeing 50's on Wunderground. Seems pretty cool and at sea I would expect jackets and long pants, not shorts weather?

Thanks for all your help!

• 1 month later...

We have just booked that Mediterranean cruise for next May and I started a roll call for it. We are also looking to share private excursions with a few other couples in case you are interested. --Heidi Sack