Enchantment Panoramic with child?

I know it seems like a silly question, but the panoramic rooms have caught my eye due to the space. There will be three adults plus an almost 2 year old in our cabin. A few questions:

1. Are these rooms quiet for the most part?

2. If we were on deck 7 would that be better than 8?

3. Are these rooms safe with a child? I'm assuming he would want to look out the window. Is there a chance he can fall through or something (I know I

it may sound silly but just thinking safety)?

4. Is there a way to make the room dark for my son to sleep at night or naps?

Sorry for the crazy list of questions. I'm trying to book our trip soon and want to be certain I'm making the right choice! Thanks in advance!

I know it seems like a silly question, but the panoramic rooms have caught my eye due to the space. There will be three adults plus an almost 2 year old in our cabin.

Can these cabins accommodate three adults and a child?

I know it seems like a silly question, but the panoramic rooms have caught my eye due to the space. There will be three adults plus an almost 2 year old in our cabin. A few questions:

3. Are these rooms safe with a child? I'm assuming he would want to look out the window. Is there a chance he can fall through or something (I know I

Sorry for the crazy list of questions. I'm trying to book our trip soon and want to be certain I'm making the right choice! Thanks in advance!

We just sailed in a panoramic cabin (8102) on Enchantment.

Cabin was VERY VERY VERY noisy ( about 4 or 5 AM every morning) from above. Felt like what ever was crashing on the deck above would break through the ceiling. Book deck 7

No one can fall through the glass window. The window is not true floor to ceiling. It does not start at the floor but rather 2 feet ( or so) up. There is about an 8 inch ledge so a toddler will not be right up against the window.

The cabin has pretty good black out curtains.

The cabin is spacious for 2 ( will be a bit tight for 4 ) and because they are all mid ship - very convenient.

enjoy

M

We just sailed in a panoramic cabin (8102) on Enchantment.

Cabin was VERY VERY VERY noisy ( about 4 or 5 AM every morning) from above. Felt like what ever was crashing on the deck above would break through the ceiling. Book deck 7

No one can fall through the glass window. The window is not true floor to ceiling. It does not start at the floor but rather 2 feet ( or so) up. There is about an 8 inch ledge so a toddler will not be right up against the window.

The cabin has pretty good black out curtains.

The cabin is spacious for 2 ( will be a bit tight for 4 ) and because they are all mid ship - very convenient.

enjoy

M

Thank you all for the information and responses!

Cruisegirl1,

Since you were in this type of room, do you think it would be roomier than an inside cabin? I originally was thinking of booking an inside cabin to save money but for the extra $200 since it's a weekend cruise, it may be better to have the panoramic for space.

Thank you all for the information and responses!

Cruisegirl1,

Since you were in this type of room, do you think it would be roomier than an inside cabin? I originally was thinking of booking an inside cabin to save money but for the extra $200 since it's a weekend cruise, it may be better to have the panoramic for space.

WAY roomier. Take a look at the sq ft. descriptions for interior, OV, panoramic and balcony. The cabin is (I think) the same size, maybe even a tad bigger, than a standard balcony cabin , without the added balcony space.

Only you know your budget, but if I could make the change for a TOTAL of $200, for 4 ( and from the Interior cabin), I would do it.

Since you have the toddler, may I suggest that you ask the cabin attendant to remove the cocktail table. It will only get in the way. The ledge is useful for whatever you might put on the table. In fact, we used the ledge for the ice buckets - and still had plenty of space.

cabin 8102 had the sofa seating by the window, so the ledge was very useful in place of a table.

I don't have photos, both there is another panoramic cabin thread with a few photos. You can compare the cabin to photos of interiors to make your decision.

good luck and enjoy

M

Your concerns are not crazy at all, but keep in mind that everyone's opinions might not be the same. Hubby and I sailed on Enchantment last year in a Panoramic view room (I had several photos of the layout of the cabin), and we didn't find it to be noisy at all. We booked cabin #8600 and although it was right by the elevators, we found it peaceful. That may have been because we didn't come back to our room typically before midnight.

Although the windows are really expansive, they're not quite floor to ceiling; the glass is thick and your child will enjoy the view safely. If you'd like your child to sleep peacefully in the dark, simply pull the drapes. We loved the Panoramic View cabins, and would book them again in a heartbeat.

Can these cabins accommodate three adults and a child?

Ian/Linda,

I was in an Enchantment POV last year, and I don't know whether that many people would be comfortable in that particular cabin. It was incredibly roomy for me and hubby; maybe if the sofa functions as a pull-out, it might work.

Awesome! I think we will be booking 7602 or 7600. I hear these rooms have the sofa by the window. We will use it as a pull out for my mom and my 2 year old will sleep in bed with us. Hoping it works out well. I'll be sure to ask to have to cocktail table removed. Hopefully it will be roomier than an interior room (where we originally were going to book). I'm glad I won't have to worry about my son falling through the window, and that the room has drapes for nap time. Thank you all for the advice!