Question about room decorations.

In my past experience, they put them up before you board so the cabin is decorated for the entire cruise. However, you could ask for them to be done the night before. I don't know if they honor that request or not, but it's worth trying. Happy anniversary.

My birthday was on day 4 (sea day) of a 7 day cruise a few years ago... DH & DD arranged to have the room decorated on my birthday after we left the room for breakfast... our cabin steward was hanging around outside just so he could see my reaction, and he even had a little gift for me!

When you order it from Bon Voyage they ask you for a date... just specify the date you want and make sure you let your cabin steward know that the room is supposed to be decorated on Tuesday (for e.g.) and they'll follow up!

I usually order them for the day of embarkation so that they can be up when the person first opens the/their cabin door. The look on there face is usually priceless!!! Enjoy your cruise and Happy anniversary!!!!:)

Save a fortune by bringing your own. Most Dollar Store items pack flat, and travel well. Less than $10 in decorations will do the room and the door.

Instead of paying the Bon Voyage fee, tip your steward instead. He'll decorate your cabin any time you want, and with a smile.

At the end of one trip, our steward carefully removed the decorations and put them aside. He said they got used for crew birthdays, and admitted that he sometimes reused them for other guests who were celebrating... I'd bet that earned him a few more $$$, too. And that's all good... recycling is good for the planet!

Save a fortune by bringing your own. Most Dollar Store items pack flat, and travel well. Less than $10 in decorations will do the room and the door.

Instead of paying the Bon Voyage fee, tip your steward instead. He'll decorate your cabin any time you want, and with a smile.

At the end of one trip, our steward carefully removed the decorations and put them aside. He said they got used for crew birthdays, and admitted that he sometimes reused them for other guests who were celebrating... I'd bet that earned him a few more $$$, too. And that's all good... recycling is good for the planet!

Totally agree and you can personalize it with decorations that mean something to you-like showing kids and grands, where you live, etc.

Congratulations to you both!