Ship on a Stick

"Hi John. I sail in two days on the Carnival ________ in stateroom _____. Thank you so much for sending [insert chocolate covered strawberries, ship on a stick, bottle of champagne] to my room for this special occasion."

Do you literally word it that way? Do you tell him what the special occasion is?

It's odd, I wrote to him before going on my birthday cruise asking if the cruise ship does anything to acknowledge the birthday. They responded with an email that said yes the cruise line would be wishing me a happy birthday. I received a card that said happy birthday and that's it! So I'm surprised that they would send all those things to someone just because they wanted it???

So do you have to come out and actually ask for what you want? It just seems a little crass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Do you literally word it that way? Do you tell him what the special occasion is?

It's odd, I wrote to him before going on my birthday cruise asking if the cruise ship does anything to acknowledge the birthday. They responded with an email that said yes the cruise line would be wishing me a happy birthday. I received a card that said happy birthday and that's it! So I'm surprised that they would send all those things to someone just because they wanted it???

So do you have to come out and actually ask for what you want? It just seems a little crass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Yes. He will tell you to remind him a few days before you sail and let him know your sail date, ship and cabin number. It's hit or miss, but they are pretty good at welcoming you aboard with some goodies. Be shameless. LOL

Yes. He will tell you to remind him a few days before you sail and let him know your sail date, ship and cabin number. It's hit or miss, but they are pretty good at welcoming you aboard with some goodies. Be shameless. LOL

A couple of weeks ago, after I posted a glowing review of our June Triumph cruise, he asked me to leave our cabin number two days before our next sail date and we'd get a little something special. I'm planning on doing so, but asking him to NOT do any champagne (in case that's what he was thinking) since we're not big drinkers. It took me a year to finally decide to open the bottle of champagne we won last year and a week to finish off the bottle since we don't drink and I'm not overly fond of champagne (it tasted kind of..weird..to me. Although I've been told that champagne is good, unopened, for up to 3 years.).

A couple of weeks ago, after I posted a glowing review of our June Triumph cruise, he asked me to leave our cabin number two days before our next sail date and we'd get a little something special. I'm planning on doing so, but asking him to NOT do any champagne (in case that's what he was thinking) since we're not big drinkers. It took me a year to finally decide to open the bottle of champagne we won last year and a week to finish off the bottle since we don't drink and I'm not overly fond of champagne (it tasted kind of..weird..to me. Although I've been told that champagne is good, unopened, for up to 3 years.).

You can always leave it for the crew or give it to someone else. :)

You can always leave it for the crew or give it to someone else. :)

Yes, we won a SOAS and bottle of bubbly when my hubby was up on stage for some silly quiz type game, and we gave the bottle of bubbly to the couple who came in second, as we're not drinkers.. but def kept the SOAS :):D

We once requested SOAS from John, via his facebook page, and they were delivered with (cheap) wine and (bitter) strawberries. To just TWO of our THREE cabins. My adult sister, in the didn't-get-any cabin, whined on his facebook page during AND after the trip... how embarrassing.

Since then, we have opted to win our ships and medals legitimately, and enjoy many of the games on board. Our group of 6 usually has several by the end of the week, and all but one per ship get sold on eBay.

After 11 cruises, mine is proudly displayed on the mantel after winning it in the slot tournament.

DW and I have his and hers BlackJack WINNER ship on a sticks proudly displayed on the entertainment center. The cash is long gone but plastic ship lives on.

Forget the begging for Ships on a Stick; let's get to something important. I read your closing signature.

WHERE IS GUMBIE??? Our first cruise on Pride was with him - a good time. He wasn't onboard a year later - events were not the same.

Well, I know in June he was on the Triumph with us. I *believe* he's on the Triumph indefinately since Carnival is doing the Cruise Director Shuffle dance right now. Jen has moved to the Freedom, which will be repos'd to Galveston to do 7 days in place of (or maybe alongside????:confused::confused: ) the Magic. CD Mike Pack (who is fabulous) was our CD on the June cruise as he was filling in for Jen and I think on our July cruise we're supposed to have somebody named Keith or Kirk or something along those lines. Some dude from California, I think is what I've heard. Which..I guess it'll be fine. We've ever only sailed with British CDs and they have been a HOOT. :D So we'll see if this Kirk/Keith guy measures up to his European counterparts.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for the offer, and I would love to take you up on it, but I live in Tennessee. Of course, I will be passing right through Lakeland on my way to Tampa on the 12th.

I covet your Paradise Soas...lol

So sorry, I didn't see your post until today, and I'm sure you're back in Tennessee by now.

I'm actually sailing "Paradise" again tomorrow morning. If I get another SOAS, I'll see if I can contact you, and perhaps, ship you one. Hang in there,,,,we'll "git-r-done". :cool:

"SKY"

I never saw anywhere on the ship you could buy a ship on a stick. Nor could we buy the cruise video.

I did email john heald as suggested in a prior post. And didn't get a ship on a stick from that.

However, my family of four came home with 3 ships on a stick and 7 boats on a rope. We also won 2 bottles of champagne and a gift certificate for the spa. The key is participate!!! Don't be afraid to get out there. And go the trivia and scheduled activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums