Solarium Cafe on Jewel - what's on the menu?

Hi, Everyone - we're booked on the Jewel Transatlantic in August, 2006, and we're already doing our research. These boards have been very helpful - thanks, all! One thing I haven't been able to find on the boards is the menu in the Solarium cafe. We're normally Celebrity cruisers, and we love the Aqua Spa cafe on their Millennium class ships for breakfast or lunch. They serve healthy "spa" cuisine such as poached salmon, grilled chicken breasts, natural yogurts, etc. I know there's a cafe in the Solarium on the Jewel and her sister ships Brilliance, etc., but I'm not clear on what sort of food is on the menu. Is it similar to Celebrity's Aqua Spa? Is it open for breakfast and lunch? We normally work out in the gym early in the morning and then eat breakfast in the spa cafe - will we be able to do that on Jewel?

Thanks in advance!

the cafe in the solarium also had freshly made crepes with fillings like.....ham, cheese, choc, and strawberries. everynight (late) we had the choc and strawberries....delicious. if i remember correctly...they also had pizza, fresh fruit and i think wrap sandwiches.

the seaview has amazing food and it's for free. their hours are wacky though. they have typical diner food you only pay for shakes and sodas. it's also a great location for your "day at sea" if you don't need to be by the pool. we loved the jewel have a great cruise.

Thanks for the info, Sue and Cruzobsessed. It sounds as if the Solarium is more of a casual junk food kinda place, although the wraps and crepes sound interesting. Guess we'll have our healthy breakfasts in the Windjammer after our workouts instead.

Yes, the solarium cafe serves pizza/hot dogs and cookies, located in the solarium deck 11fwd.

The Seaview Cafe (Deck 12 AFT) Serves Chicken, Salads, and other items - very good. Solarium Cafe is more limited then on the Vision class because it does have the Seaview cafe in addition.

Yes, the solarium cafe serves pizza/hot dogs and cookies, located in the solarium deck 11fwd.

The Seaview Cafe (Deck 12 AFT) Serves Chicken, Salads, and other items - very good. Solarium Cafe is more limited then on the Vision class because it does have the Seaview cafe in addition.

Thanks, I'd heard the praises of the Seaview Cafe on the Radiance class ships, but this is the first I've heard about the Solarium Cafe. The Solarium Cafe sounds kind of like the Promenade Cafe on the Voyager class ships...am I hoping for too much to ask if they have those miniature, delicious sandwiches at the Solarium Cafe too?

Do the Radiance and the Serenade also have a Solarium Cafe in addition to the Seaview Cafe?

They both do but I think Royal needs to rethink its use of them. Reson being is when someone is trying to relax in the Solarium you have all the kids running in there to grab there pizza in the afternoon. Don't think they should offer pizza in an area that they are asking kids to stay out of. Please no flames, I have a child too that we enjoy taking with us. I just think they could move the pizza elsewhere and maybe serve something a bit less appealing to kids.

PS The Seaview is not to be missed, yummmmmmy:D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived