Red VIFP benefit question

We are at the Red level right now. We will have 12 VIFP points after our next sailing. (5- day cruise). If we are to take another Carnival cruise like a 7 day, would we still be able to get the complimentary drink voucher on our 2nd Red level sailing?

Yes, from now on (unless/until they change the loyalty program again), you will get a complimentary drink voucher on every Carnival cruise you take.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef
capitalization

I have a friend cruising with me this Sept... her second time on Carnival... and the free drink is the lonely perk she gets!!!

"Complimentary beverage at Seaday Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available, complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room)" is how they word it on Carnival.com:

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Except your first one. First-time Carnival cruisers have a blue card, and it does not give you a drink coupon. Just saying.

If you take the whole original post it says "from now on" taking into account the original poster had already taken a previous cruise

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Except your first one. First-time Carnival cruisers have a blue card, and it does not give you a drink coupon. Just saying.

What-the-heck?! Why did you chop up my post to make it seem to say something it didn't?! Of course not on your first cruise. Nobody was implying you get it on your first cruise, certainly not I! My post was very clearly responding to the OP in reference to RED VIFP level, as stated in the OP's title and post. What was the point in what you did?:confused::mad::confused:

If you take the whole original post it says "from now on" taking into account the original poster had already taken a previous cruise

Thank you!:)

No problem. I don't understand it either

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

What-the-heck?! Why did you chop up my post to make it seem to say something it didn't?! Of course not on your first cruise. Nobody was implying you get it on your first cruise, certainly not I! My post was very clearly responding to the OP in reference to RED VIFP level, as stated in the OP's title and post. What was the point in what you did?:confused::mad::confused:

Oops, sorry. I must have misread your post, or jumped from one line to another while reading it. Sorry about that. :o :o

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

So, how do I go about using my coupon for a drink? Do I need to let the waiter know at the time I order it? Or do they see that I'm entitled to one and just not charge me for it? How does that work?

If the bar staff hasn't already stopped by the table, just tell your server you want to order from the bar. Most will go get the bar server, some will just go ahead and take your order. Show your coupon at the time you order.

Sometimes there are bar servers waiting at the door to the dining room and you can tell them on the way in you want to use your coupon. I've even seen a Bloody Mary bar set up outside the dinning room during brunch.

If the bar staff hasn't already stopped by the table, just tell your server you want to order from the bar. Most will go get the bar server, some will just go ahead and take your order. Show your coupon at the time you order.

Sometimes there are bar servers waiting at the door to the dining room and you can tell them on the way in you want to use your coupon. I've even seen a Bloody Mary bar set up outside the dinning room during brunch.

Yes I've seen it all three ways, setup outside the entrance, right in the entrance and just going to the server. Sometimes the server gets the drink or gets the bar tender.

When I finish my 7 day in September I miss the next level by just a point...

Oh well so my third cruise from now (heck is there a one day out there?) I will be able to go BACK to the past guest party....

At the suggestion of our waiter, we got unopened HUGE cans of Fosters beer and just took it with us to enjoy later in deck. Not huge breakfast drinkers! Have done this multiple times now with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

At the suggestion of our waiter, we got unopened HUGE cans of Fosters beer and just took it with us to enjoy later in deck. Not huge breakfast drinkers! Have done this multiple times now with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have heard of people ordering Long Islands with no ice and saving them for later. Might try that one myself in August!:D

Yes you get a free breakfast drink, not much to look forward to at breakfast or lunch for most.

We go to the main dining room about 15 minutes before it closes and order our drinks to go. There have always been servers standing there. They take our orders, we get our free drinks, and we take them up to our balcony to enjoy in peace.

No need to dine to get the drinks.