Last Date to Cancel Oceania Air

cruiserchuck

We are planning our first Oceania cruise, and have a question about the "included" airfare. Does anyone know whether you can cancel the airfare after final payment, but before Oceania purchases the ticket. Our final payment is due 150 days before the cruise, and I have been told Oceania actually purchases the airline tickets about 75 days before the cruise.

We are planning our first Oceania cruise, and have a question about the "included" airfare. Does anyone know whether you can cancel the airfare after final payment, but before Oceania purchases the ticket. Our final payment is due 150 days before the cruise, and I have been told Oceania actually purchases the airline tickets about 75 days before the cruise.

I think it's closer to around 30 days when they actually purchase the tickets, although they are confirmed. I have a flight that leaves in about 42 or 43 days and the flights are confirmed but the tickets are pending.

Definitely a question for your TA or O if you are dealing directly with them.

The ticket contract is here: http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/US-TicketContract.pdf

This is the section of the ticket contract that speaks to switching from cruise only to cruise and air:

If a guest wishes to change a booking from cruise only to include cruise and air travel arrangements after the full amount of the purchase price for the cruise only package is due and payable, Carrier may in its sole discretion impose a change fee of up to $150 per person. Bookings cannot be converted from cruise only to air/sea within thirty (30) days of sailing.

Strangely, it doesn't discuss going the other way around which is your question, but I would think that it would apply both ways (except perhaps for the discretionary $150 fee since it would seem easier cost-wise to cancel than to add).

This is direct from Oceania, as of this morning:

"our airfare policies remain intact in that the airfare may be cancelled without a penalty up until the air is actually ticketed. This applies to our standard air program, and not to our non-refundable deviation fees.

The ticketing generally occurs between 30 and 60 days prior to sailing, although if the air is to be removed we would always recommend doing it as early as possible as those time frames may fluctuate depending on the Airline."