Bringing soda onboard

bobswife91

Sailing on Getaway in 2 weeks, and can't find the soda policy. On RCCL no bringing sods onboard. Is it allowed on NCL? DH loves his Diet Coke and from what I understand NCL is a Pepsi boat.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Yes you can just stick a luggage tag on it and leave it with the porters at the pier with the rest of your luggage. Or you can carry it on with the rest of your carry on bags. Your choice.

I did the luggage tag thing a couple years ago and half of the cans were missing due to someone mishandling the boxes. Anyone else have this happen?

Yes..On or Epic cruise out of Miami. We got none of our tagged cokes and waters.

I now pack a case of cokes/water in a carry-on and check it in, no problems.

Do you just stick a luggage tag on it?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

I would pack it and check it in. Then you have an empty bag for souvenirs or dirty clothing :)

Edited by monkeybone

.....here is the link and the text:

Can we bring our own non alcoholic Beverages on board and How many?

Question

Can we bring our own non alcoholic Beverages on board and How many?

asked 6 days ago by

Anonymous

- New Jersey

on Norwegian Breakaway

2 answers

Answers

answer 1

Guests are allowed to bring non alcoholic beverages onbaord such as water and juice. Guests are also allowed to bring wine or champagne onbaord, however for each bottle of wine or chapagne that is brought onboard would have a corkage fee added on. There is no limit to the amount of beverages that is brought onboard.

staff_icon-new.png

answered 1 day ago by

NCLSTAFF85

- MIAMI

answer 2

You are allowed to bring your own sodas, juices and water. You can check them or carry them on board. The products must be sealed or risk confiscation by the security. Make sure you tag them with your room tags so that they are delivered to your stateroom along with your luggage.

There is no real restriction on how much you can bring with you but you can check in a case of soda/juice along with your luggage.

top_1_contributor_icon.gif Number One Contributor

answered 2 days ago by

Amit

- Miami

Hope this helps.

wasiii

I believe there is an issue with the longshoremen in New Orleans and Tampa refusing to handle cases of water or soda. If you put them in a suitcase or bag it should be no problem getting them on the ship. I don't know if you would have to go to the "naughty room" to open the bag up or not. When we have sailed out of New Orleans we have carried them on ourselves. We have a cruise scheduled out of Houston in November and I am looking forward to just putting a room tag on the cases and checking them. Hopefully that is allowed in Houston.

I have a soft-sided Coleman cooler that has a luggage-style strap on it, as well as a handle. If you didn't put any ice in it, then it would probably hold 12-20 cans, although it would be a bit heavy. (I usually just put about 6 cans or plastic bottles in it and use the rest of the space for other carry-on items, and don't put any ice in there.)

They don't care if you bring pop on board.