hotel, park, and cruise

ccleveland

Im looking at booking a cruise in september and I'm wondering if there are any decent cheap hotels near the port of miami that offer a package for staying the night before and leaving your car at the hotel?? I did this in port canaveral and it worked well. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Oh and comment on if you would prefer the breeze on 6 day cruise with jamaica and other places

or..

glory 7 day with bahamas, st thomas, grand turk, etc.

Three budget options near the MIA airport often come up: Comfort Suites North, Springhill Suites Medical Center, and La Quinta East. All include free shuttle to POM - you'll need a taxi (about $25) to get back to your car.

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown Miami sometimes runs a cruise parking package - it will be more costly than the busget places but in a nicer part of town and (I think :confused:) a parking garage instead of an open air lot. Taxi from POM will run about $13+

I'd go to the carnival and NCL boards to get opinions of your two cruise choices. And include all the ports for each. I haven't cruised either but would head to Carnival before NCL from what I have heard from others I know. Sept is low siason (hurricane) so I'm sure you will get either for "dirt cheap". Good for your hotel rate too.;)

i will look at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell in downtown Miami but is there anything else that may be a better idea?

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure - but costs $20/day. There are several off-site parking options -- most of the reviews are either very good or very bad (no show shuttles, bad areas of Miami, cars vandalized, etc.) with not much in between. It is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

You could stay cheap north of Miami (Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, keep heading north on 95) (even Orlando with lots of clean & cheap lodging is only a 3.5 hour drive away ;)), drive to Miami the morning of your cruise and park at the port - no expensive Miami hotels, no shuttles, no taxis, and much less risk to your car.

have you or anyone else parked at the POM? Is it covered and safe? I don't have a high end car but it is new and does look pretty cool so i don't want anything to happen to it.

If i do park up north of miami like in fort lauderdale, etc then how early can i drive to the POM, park, and get on the carnival breeze??

We parked at Embassy suites near Miami airport

they have a shuttle not free but got us to the port

car was safe

I would get as close to Miami then no rush in the morning

have you or anyone else parked at the POM? Is it covered and safe? I don't have a high end car but it is new and does look pretty cool so i don't want anything to happen to it.

If i do park up north of miami like in fort lauderdale, etc then how early can i drive to the POM, park, and get on the carnival breeze??

Parking at POM is in parking garages - your car will not be in the sunshine.

I would not arrive at POM before 10:00 AM to allow passengers from the previous cruise to clear out; boarding for most Miami ships starts at about 11-11:30.

I wouldn't leave until 10:00 to head to the port. You'll get there when check in begins around 11:00.

I have been looking at this one hotel that does a night in a room plus shuttle for free and its running $179 plus tax. I might consider just getting a room somewhere that's cheap and good review on hotel then driving to POM since my car will be in the shade.

I have been looking at this one hotel that does a night in a room plus shuttle for free and its running $179 plus tax. I might consider just getting a room somewhere that's cheap and good review on hotel then driving to POM since my car will be in the shade.

Lots of inexpensive hotles on I95 up in the Plam Beach area -- you will be about a 90+ minute drive from POM if you stay up there.

Good luck! :)

We are booked at the Residence Inn Miami Airport for our cruise in August. They offer a park/fly package which you can leave your car there and either pay for a shuttle to the port or cab it. It's $25.00 each way. Comes out cheaper for us, but our cruise is 8 days. Go to Parksleepfly.com. They offer cruise deals as well. Make sure you check out the hotels on trip advisor as well.

There's a map of the twenty or so hotels that offer a park & cruise package here which I've found quite helpful.

I don't know that I'd personally stay too far away from Miami (especially not Orlando) on the morning before a cruise. One accident that closes down the interstate could really mess up your plans.

Appreciate the website! I will take a look at it. I did find for $179 at the brick well hotel near the POM. I definitely want to try and find a hotel that you can look out the window and see the bay/port with the ships. That be cool!

Appreciate the website! I will take a look at it. I did find for $179 at the brick well hotel near the POM. I definitely want to try and find a hotel that you can look out the window and see the bay/port with the ships. That be cool!

The Miami hotels with a view of the port include the Holiday Inn POM, Marriott Biscayne Bay, Doubletree and IC; the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village is farther back into downtown and has no view. You'll pay extra for a room with a view and will not find a parking package.