Review of Dubrovnik

We were in Dubrovnik on June 4, 2014 and what a beautiful day! This had to be my favorite port of all our stops on our 22-day cruise. We were lucky to be docked from 10:00am to 11:59pm. Holland America had a shuttle for $18 US that you could use all day. It dropped you off at the Pile Gate. You could also take a cab, but since we thought we would probably go back in the evening, we opted for the all-day shuttle cost. Our first stop was to walk the wall. We had Kuna in hand and paid our 100 Kuna each. The wall was crowded in places, but the brief breaks were needed with all the steps. The views over the rooftops and to the Adriatic were amazing. Great fun! We walked the entire wall and then walked around the old town. We had lunch outside the wall and the cost for pizza and two beers was 123 Kuna (again we were glad to have the local currency and did not have to deal with credit card). Most tourist shops advertised in Euros or Kuna, but for our one purchase, a t-shirt, we paid in Kunas. We then took a cab to Mt. Srd. The cabs are waiting outside the Pile Gate and advertise on a sign rides to various places. The ride and back to Mt. Srd was 35 Euros. The advantage of a cab is that he will stop at a place before you get to the top to get amazing photos (my point and shoot camera does not do it justice). Then a stop at the top for 15 minutes and back to town. An amazing day and would love to go back. I did a short video of our day:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great video.

We were on your ship. Sorry we didn't get to meet you. It was great having the extra time there. Dubrovnik is lovely at night.

Love Dubrovnik. It was my second time there. I'd go back again though (and other parts of Croatia- an amazing country).

When we were in Dubrovnik, we spent the morning at the beach, and the afternoon in town and up the cable car (fab restaurant at the top). We ended up in the supermarket at the dock to spend our kuna.

The bus to/from Pile was €1, iirc.