Cats question

Thinking of reserving this for our November cruise when we are allowed to do so. We are not big broadway show fans, have only ever seen Phantom of the Opera. Have heard some of the music from Cats and do like it. Question is this something a 5 and a 13 would enjoy? At very least my wife and I will go but wasn't sure about kids. If not we will drop them off at kids' clubs.

Thinking of reserving this for our November cruise when we are allowed to do so. We are not big broadway show fans, have only ever seen Phantom of the Opera. Have heard some of the music from Cats and do like it. Question is this something a 5 and a 13 would enjoy? At very least my wife and I will go but wasn't sure about kids. If not we will drop them off at kids' clubs.

I saw Cats a long time ago on Broadway and my recollection is it is kid friendly. You'd know better than anyone else whether your kids would like it though. It isn't like, say, Chicago on the Allure that kids probably wouldn't understand or enjoy.

I saw Cats a long time ago on Broadway and my recollection is it is kid friendly. You'd know better than anyone else whether your kids would like it though. It isn't like, say, Chicago on the Allure that kids probably wouldn't understand or enjoy.

That was kind of my thinking also, that something like Chicago or Hairspray wouldn't interest them but Cats possibly. Thanks.

A really neat thing to do would be to get the CD in advance (as most of the songs are catchy) and play it in the car, etc., and say they will be doing SOME of the songs, so whey the kids actually see them being sung, in costume, it will even enhance the experience (and they may even look forward to it).

Getting there early in order to get aisle seats close to the stage is worth it as the show usually has the actors interacting with the audience - anyone know if it is done that way on the ships?

However, if the music does not excite, perhaps off to the kids club it is.

A really neat thing to do would be to get the CD in advance (as most of the songs are catchy) and play it in the car, etc., and say they will be doing SOME of the songs, so whey the kids actually see them being sung, in costume, it will even enhance the experience (and they may even look forward to it).

Getting there early in order to get aisle seats close to the stage is worth it as the show usually has the actors interacting with the audience - anyone know if it is done that way on the ships?

However, if the music does not excite, perhaps off to the kids club it is.

As this is the first time the production will be on a ship there's no way to know if they will replicate the original production. You could also buy the original book of poems and read to them : Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and introduce them to Mr Mistofolees and Macavity, the mystery cat :D

Edited by NorbertsNiece

LOL - when I saw the title of this thread I thought someone wanted to bring their cat on the cruise! Forgive me, I'm operating on little sleep and delivering a litter of kittens this morning. One down, two to go.

LOL - when I saw the title of this thread I thought someone wanted to bring their cat on the cruise! Forgive me, I'm operating on little sleep and delivering a litter of kittens this morning. One down, two to go.

There's got to be someone out there bringing their service cat onboard.