How Good a Value is VIVA VINO ???

Anyone know if you can purchase this in advance or only once onboard?

And while I'm at it (albeit off topic), what about Chef's Table? On Carnival I've been able to book CT in advance but haven't found a thread here on CC addressing this.

Thanks

I just learned of the wine packages earlier today. My husband and I are big wine people (I used to direct sell wines for small boutique vineyards from around the world) and this sounds like it's right up our alley. I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. You pay the package price plus 15% gratuity, that part is clear. But are you responsible for a corkage fee if you bring a bottle to a restaurant for dinner? Could I bring an opened bottle with me to dinner? Thanks in advance!

No, corkage fee only applies to wine brought onboard by you to offset the lost revenue. We get the viva vino package all the time since we always have to fly in, just makes it easier and more convenient. Once the package is purchased you can bring it with you anytime, anywhere (a bottle or glass, not the whole package). ;)

Enjoy

PS: The package can only be purchased once onboard at any bar and the Chef's table at Guest Services.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

No, corkage fee only applies to wine brought onboard by you to offset the lost revenue. We get the viva vino package all the time since we always have to fly in, just makes it easier and more convenient. Once the package is purchased you can bring it with you anytime, anywhere (a bottle or glass, not the whole package). ;)

Enjoy

PS: The package can only be purchased once onboard at any bar and the Chef's table at Guest Services.

Thank you!! I told my husband about it and he's excited for it.

Yes you can bring an open bottle anywhere on the cruise with Vino Package or your own bring on. You only pay the $15 corkage it you bring your own on the ship at embarkation, they will direct you to a table to pay it.

We buy the wine package on our cruises and also bring a bottle or two for sail away

You can order the package at anyime during the cruise. NCL starts selling it the first day of the cruise, you can not buy it in advance. You just go to any bar that is open (or atrium the first night) and ask for the wine package slip, fill in your choice of wine and you can take them all with you or get the slips to turn into any bar or restaurant any given day of the cruise.

The package come on orders of 4,6,8 bottles so if you are on a longer cruise you can start with 4 or 6 and order more packages during your cruise. There is not a cut off time to order.