Eastern Caribbean Weather

ChiMimi69

Hi,

I know things can change but, I'm just feeling out the folks that have just gotten off the Getaway this past weekend to ask how the weather was in the Caribbean. The southern U.S. is currently under a blanket of clouds and I'm hopeful that the farther south we go the better the weather will get. The Weather channel is so darn vague. Was there a whole lot of rain, both or more sun than rain? I really need some sun next week! :D

Thanks in advance for the update!!!

Just got off the Getaway. It was HOT! The first 2 sea days were nice and breezy, one day it was too breezy ( so much so that they had to take down the vibe umbrellas). The rest of the trip was sunny and very hot. Its great when u can cool off in water excursions or at the pool but was rough for things like open air shopping. The only days it was cloudy were sailawY day and the morning on our way to Nassau. That afternoon it cleared up. Little to no rain for is which was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Next week could be sunny. Next week could be cloudy. Next week could be rainy. Next week could be dry.

Next week will be hot though. :)

I was just thinking that. Though it does sound as vague as the weather channel...LOL!

Actually after my earlier post, looking at the itinerary ports, it isn't going to be all that hot except for Nassau. O.P, check on weatherchannel.com and you can look at the ten day forecast for each port.

Oddly here in the midwest (St Louis area) we are going to be in the 70's for the rest of the week. VERY unusual for us.

Hi,

I know things can change but, I'm just feeling out the folks that have just gotten off the Getaway this past weekend to ask how the weather was in the Caribbean. The southern U.S. is currently under a blanket of clouds and I'm hopeful that the farther south we go the better the weather will get. The Weather channel is so darn vague. Was there a whole lot of rain, both or more sun than rain? I really need some sun next week! :D

Thanks in advance for the update!!!

I understand your concern but knowing what the weather was like last week is pointless as it will be 2 week old data by the time you cruise. Again, not trying to be snarky. My last cruise in the E Carib was great, only a couple showers late at night. The week before, it was said that it rained everyday. The week after, rained everyday.

I know you are concerned and excited at the same time but put your mind at rest. Down south the storms are brief. Rarely are there giant hazy lingering clouds like up here. If you encounter rain, its usually brief.

Have an awesome time.

PS if you have to know, and I know the feeling, check the weeks weather forecast in Saint Thomas.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Charlotte+Amalie&state=VI&site=SJU&textField1=18.344&textField2=-64.9335#.U8SD6fldWEU

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I understand your concern but knowing what the weather was like last week is pointless as it will be 2 week old data by the time you cruise. Again, not trying to be snarky. My last cruise in the E Carib was great, only a couple showers late at night. The week before, it was said that it rained everyday. The week after, rained everyday.

I know you are concerned and excited at the same time but put your mind at rest. Down south the storms are brief. Rarely are there giant hazy lingering clouds like up here. If you encounter rain, its usually brief.

Have an awesome time.

PS if you have to know, and I know the feeling, check the weeks weather forecast in Saint Thomas.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Charlotte+Amalie&state=VI&site=SJU&textField1=18.344&textField2=-64.9335#.U8SD6fldWEU

I was using San Juan as my point of reference for weather. And you are right, they could get a huge down pour for 30 min and then the skies open up to blazing sun for the rest of the day. Chicago weather just sucks this summer!!! When we're under cloudy skies, it's constant for days sometimes and it's just downright depressing. Thanks for easing my concerns! :)

The Caribbean is presently in a dry weather pattern due to the trade winds bringing in a large area of Sahara dust, which prevents the building of showers and thunderstorms. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Vaya! I am praying this is the case next week. Thanks for the update! :D

Thanks for easing my concerns! :)

No problem. I checked the 10 day forecast for the area and its 40% chance of rain is the highest estimate I saw. Most days being 20%.

So... 60-80% chance of awesome weather:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/smile.gif). Even on days with a high chance, don't worry. When I was in Ocho Rios it was slated to be 85% chance of bad t-storms all weekend. Never saw a drop.