A Question re My Morning Coffee!

MsFancyFree

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm jumping in on yours as I am planning on having morning coffee on my deck as well.

I was reading some reviews and came across this comment:

"I started ordering coffee via room service. Maybe I should have asked but since I did not, I will share this with you. Room service sounds good but it does not matter what you get, the price is $11.50 when you get the bill."

Is this correct? I thought that room service was complimentary if you were ordering items commonly available in the MDR. I just want to be clear because $11.50 for 11 days could be a pretty big surprise at the end.

We've never been charged $$ for anything off the regular room service menus. Some lines charge around $5 for deliveries in the middle of the night but never during other times.

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm jumping in on yours as I am planning on having morning coffee on my deck as well.

I was reading some reviews and came across this comment:

"I started ordering coffee via room service. Maybe I should have asked but since I did not, I will share this with you. Room service sounds good but it does not matter what you get, the price is $11.50 when you get the bill."

Is this correct? I thought that room service was complimentary if you were ordering items commonly available in the MDR. I just want to be clear because $11.50 for 11 days could be a pretty big surprise at the end.

At this time there is NO charge for room service. Some of us do give the delivery steward a tip. Regarding the situation you are quoting (I read that review too), I think that the cruiser who reported that was confused about the $11.50 hotel service charge on his bill and assumed it was room service.

Edited by Linda&Vern

I started thinking about this after I posted, I think that the person was charged the $11.50 daily tip and thought it was the charge for their room service. The $11.50 would have been charged even if they had not ordered any room service. I should have thought this through further before I posted the question.

At this time there is NO charge for room service. Some of us do give the delivery steward a tip. Regarding the situation you are quoting (I read that review too), I think that the cruiser who reported that was confused about the $11.50 hotel service charge on his bill and assumed it was room service.

Great minds think alike and in unison -- I wrote the same thing the same time you were responding to me. Thanks

Is the cream that comes with room service a "creamer" or real half & half or milk? Sometimes I have to order a milk because I don't use creamers.

It's half/and/half. We checked. We would write "cream for 4" on the room service menu the night before because DH uses a ton. Then if we had any left over we just kept it in the fridge.

anyone that has pix of having room service on veranda in Alaska and would like to share I would love to see them, I am taking my first Alaska cruise may 2015 and we happen to have a veranda got a great deal and got free airfare. Life is good. I need some good coffee on the veranda!!!!

anyone that has pix of having room service on veranda in Alaska and would like to share I would love to see them, I am taking my first Alaska cruise may 2015 and we happen to have a veranda got a great deal and got free airfare. Life is good. I need some good coffee on the veranda!!!!

If you scroll down on this link, you will come to a Room Service Breakfast with the items removed from the delivery tray. The items are on the table in the room. Verandah tables are 42-inch diameter and we have a table cloth when we eat on the verandah.

We are sailing on the Noordam next year (5/9 - 5/23) to Alaska. Will you be on with us?

It's half/and/half. We checked. We would write "cream for 4" on the room service menu the night before because DH uses a ton. Then if we had any left over we just kept it in the fridge.

Thank you to you and Sapper1. I love my morning coffee, especially on the veranda of a cruise ship, but I do get a bit cranky if it is accompanied with the fake stuff which I will not use. Cherie