Front balcony on Freedom - worth the risk of a connecting room?

Wife and I are lookin to take a 2016 cruise and we're eyeing one of the front balconies on Freedom with the glass enclosure looking forward. As of now, we're travelling alone, and we do see that the specific staterooms we're looking at (7214 and 7514) are connecting staterooms.

Has anyone been in these rooms, and would you say the positives outweigh the negatives? The way we see it, there won't be too many opportunities to get a room with an unobstructed forward balcony view over the bow of the ship, so we're kind of jumping at the chance to experience.

Wife and I are lookin to take a 2016 cruise and we're eyeing one of the front balconies on Freedom with the glass enclosure looking forward. As of now, we're travelling alone, and we do see that the specific staterooms we're looking at (7214 and 7514) are connecting staterooms.

Has anyone been in these rooms, and would you say the positives outweigh the negatives? The way we see it, there won't be too many opportunities to get a room with an unobstructed forward balcony view over the bow of the ship, so we're kind of jumping at the chance to experience.

I have been in one of those cabins [pretty sure it was on 7] on Independence during a cabin crawl. The folks from our group who booked it love these cabins -- had been in them before and went out for their way to get one for our cruise which was a TA. The forward looking glass gives a very unique perspective. I thought it was a pretty cool view. I think I would like staying in one of these cabins. These are one of those unique cabin categories [maybe including hump and aft balconies] that you just have to try to see if you like it. Some may, some may not. Be aware, that you may be visible from the bridge wing so govern your balcony activities accordingly.

Edited by mjldvlks

I have been in one of those cabins [pretty sure it was on 7] on Independence during a cabin crawl. The folks from our group who booked it love these cabins -- had been in them before and went out for their way to get one for our cruise which was a TA. The forward looking glass gives a very unique perspective. I thought it was a pretty cool view. I think I would like staying in one of these cabins. These are one of those unique cabin categories [maybe including hump and aft balconies] that you just have to try to see if you like it. Some may, some may not. Be aware, that you may be visible from the bridge wing so govern your balcony activities accordingly.

Thanks, good to hear!

Yeah, I have to agree there. I think its just one of those rooms where, if you have the opportunity to book, its worth it to do at least once, just to experience it.

:p and thanks for the heads up about the Bridge. Don't think there will be any issues there. Even with that said, it appears, at least from what I can see, Decks 8, 9, and 10 are the ones you really have to be careful with.