Crab shack portions??

NukeIT

I had a really great experience on the Star Princess and can't wait to try it again. Loved the whole meal. I'd actually say it was the best meal I had during the entire 14 day cruise. It was well worth the money. Everything was cooked well to my taste. One bucket is generally for two people, but I was solo and had one to myself. It was way more food than I could finish. You could ask for more, but I didn't need to do that. By the way, they did not split the crab legs for me, but they had that nice crackers with a scissors. so it was easy. Here are some pictures:

DSCN1606.jpg.f5ecc3583544cc96eb74046ec125069f.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg.8a3dfc9649d3b2819b1d50d0259a2300.jpg

DSCN1610.jpg.dd553a622a9f306d40ff6518f557cdbb.jpg

DSCN1613.jpg.a05bab6078ce4bdf565e273dc3787828.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg.9708f8155512b99d601bee28100d0a73.jpg

Edited by KruzPrincess

On the Grand, they were fine with me eating Crab Shack and my wife just eating from the Horizon Buffet. They only charged for 1 and it was great! At $20, it is a bargain!

After seeing the food, my wife was tempted to try the crab on our Golden cruise and she became a believer!

Hopefully the "Crab Shack" will be in an upcoming upgrade to the ships!

Happy Cruising:D:D

The Crab Shack is not a buffet. It is held in an area of the Horizon Court that is roped off for restaurant dining for the evenings the Crab Shack is held.

You are served at your table. I would never compare it to a Chinese buffet. ;)

Oh I know the Crab Shack is not a buffet. Just saying being from the gulf Coast for the $25.00 extra charge for the Crab Shack is a pit pricey for me. We can get all u can eat crab legs at our chineese buffets for alot cheaper.....so for $25.00 I better be getting a Maine lobster and all u can eat seafood. So if ur from the panhandle and southern states the extra charge may not be worth it.

Oh I know the Crab Shack is not a buffet. Just saying being from the gulf Coast for the $25.00 extra charge for the Crab Shack is a pit pricey for me. We can get all u can eat crab legs at our chineese buffets for alot cheaper.....so for $25.00 I better be getting a Maine lobster and all u can eat seafood. So if ur from the panhandle and southern states the extra charge may not be worth it.

I'm sure different restaurants offer different quality products, but I went to the Chinese buffet for crab legs in Naples, FL and it was no comparison to what I got from the Crab Shack. I can get lobster at the Chinese buffet here, but I'll still go to the Crown Grill on the ship and have a great meal. The $20 for the Crab Shack was more than worth it to me. It was fun and the food was good. It made my cruise a much more fun experience, so the money is worth it. Everyone has different taste and priorities.

I'm sure different restaurants offer different quality products, but I went to the Chinese buffet for crab legs in Naples, FL and it was no comparison to what I got from the Crab Shack. I can get lobster at the Chinese buffet here, but I'll still go to the Crown Grill on the ship and have a great meal. The $20 for the Crab Shack was more than worth it to me. It was fun and the food was good. It made my cruise a much more fun experience, so the money is worth it. Everyone has different taste and priorities.

I agree with your post.:D