Food on NCL Reaching New Lows??

MATHA531

No argument. You can look up the definition of the word "we", or I can have a 3 year old explain it to you.

Have a nice day.

Nice try PST, nice try. However, it was you who made the post questioning "we"...even to the point of making the font red and bold for emphasis.

Perhaps you should have asked the 3 year old instead of rudely sticking your nose into someone else's conversation first.

Those that say NCL food is going down in quality, I have a question. What IS going up in quality for the same price these days? Me and the wife stopped going to our FAVORITE local restaurants because of quality and cut backs. Has anyone shopped in the grocery store lately? Food is expensive and still going up in price. Everything all around us is going down in quality while the price goes up. NCL is not unique in this fact called "real life." Everything is getting smaller or going down in quality. The only thing going up is prices :(

Over the past 10 years gasoline has doubled in price and food has went up significantly. I never see anything go down in price. The cruise lines are treading water with keeping prices relatively low while slowing increasing the nickel and dimes. Wages are stagnant all over the world. Its tough out there.

When someone finds a cruise line or restaurant cutting prices and increasing quality and portions, please let us know :)

Edited by david_sobe

My DH and I have been on 3 NCL cruises...all for different reasons, none of which include food quality or lack thereof. That being said, we were recently on the Breakaway and decided to reserve the Chef's table. Previously, we had enjoyed this type of dinner on the Emerald Princess and the Nieuw Amsterdam (Cellar Master's dinner). NCL, in my opinion, was by far the worst. Yes, the wine was flowing, but the meal was subpar. For me this is a good comparison of the "high quality" offerings on a ship and NCL fell way short. We do not live in NYC, but do have access to good restaurants in our area (living close to the CIA) as well as NYC. The Chef's Table should be exceptional...like putting your best foot forward for special company. My DH and I were extremely disappointed in this dinner, as well as the other dining venues on board. Again, just my opinion, but welcome any comments specifically about the Chef's table.

Recently my favorite grocery store did some renovations and added some things that big city stores have, such as whole grains in bulk, gourmet cheeses, olives, prepared foods, and the like. It was fun to see all these things but the prices reflected the changes! They still had all the 'regular' items at the same prices, but were appealing to the sophisticated shopper who wanted more in our area. I can shop there and keep my choices the same or get the added items for a price.

NCL has the same offerings. It is your choice in what you partake. Comparing to the 'days of old' in cruising is not really fair, because the wealthy used to be the only ones cruising until the '70s or so. Since then it has become a popular vacation choice for a greater percentage of the population because of the affordability of it. This is the person the mass market companies are geared toward. There are still those who demand the rich man's experience and they can choose other cruise lines for that product, but it is naive or ridiculous even, IMO, to expect that service and food at today's mass market prices.

I just bring along my 'grain of salt' when I read these boards. ;)