Recent Sky Cruisers (2014) -- Yea or Nay??

cmitch9999

I have cruised well.... a LOT!! and I probably get into that comparison mode when I am onboard. Sailed the Sky about 8 yrs ago and it was a bit disappointing. The recent member reviews on here give a pretty grim picture of the ship. I don't believe that a cruise can ever be BAD but really, what was your experience???

Sailing on Sept 1st with my best friend, we will make it great no matter what!

Thanks!!

WE enjoyed the sky in March- and we are retired! It was not a mad house- but this was not during Spring Break- thought the interior was beautiful, we had a Suite- great- food same as on other NCL Ships. Nice lounges and good Shows.

My husband and I did the 4 day Sky cruise June 30. We thoroughly enjoyed the ship - I love the Hawaiian decor and the set up of the smaller ship. I am watching the beautiful scenery of the water around me, so if there were issues with the ship, I didn't focus on it (even when the heavy rain turned some parts of the ship into waterfalls!). We did not got to any shows or night clubs, but we thought the pool bar area and crew were very attentive and our room steward was excellent.

What exactly are your concerns?

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I did the 4 day Sky cruise June 30. We thoroughly enjoyed the ship - I love the Hawaiian decor and the set up of the smaller ship. I am watching the beautiful scenery of the water around me, so if there were issues with the ship, I didn't focus on it (even when the heavy rain turned some parts of the ship into waterfalls!). We did not got to any shows or night clubs, but we thought the pool bar area and crew were very attentive and our room steward was excellent.

What exactly are your concerns?

So glad to hear of your great experience. We have 6 adult family members and a teen going soon for a 3 day. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

My DH, my BIL, our grown kids and I have cruised (DH and I over 20 years ago), but our teen has not. So basically, I am a beginner, too!

Thanks!

I have cruised well.... a LOT!! and I probably get into that comparison mode when I am onboard. Sailed the Sky about 8 yrs ago and it was a bit disappointing. The recent member reviews on here give a pretty grim picture of the ship. I don't believe that a cruise can ever be BAD but really, what was your experience???

Sailing on Sept 1st with my best friend, we will make it great no matter what!

Thanks!!

I enjoyed it but your vacation is what you make it. I'm not sure what you didn't like about it before...

I was hoping to have some positive feedback on the Sky to balance the pretty negative cruise member reviews from June and July...We are both pretty easy going and don't have huge expectations for a shortie cruise..just fun in the sun. our last Sky in 2009 I think it was, we missed stirrup cay, felt the menu and food not up to usual cruise standards and a weird broccoli smell especially in the stairwell near the aft dining room made it less than our favorite cruise.

We are both looking forward to this escape at sea and I hope to post a review upon return that can tip the opinion scales in the other direction.

thanks for sharing

I was hoping to have some positive feedback on the Sky to balance the pretty negative cruise member reviews from June and July...We are both pretty easy going and don't have huge expectations for a shortie cruise..just fun in the sun. our last Sky in 2009 I think it was, we missed stirrup cay, felt the menu and food not up to usual cruise standards and a weird broccoli smell especially in the stairwell near the aft dining room made it less than our favorite cruise.

We are both looking forward to this escape at sea and I hope to post a review upon return that can tip the opinion scales in the other direction.

thanks for sharing

I thought the food was good with a good variety but everyone's opinion is different. I was in the back of the ship and never once smelled anything. I've heard this comment before but did not experience it on my cruise this past December. Maybe this time you'll get to go to their private island. It's a fun relaxing beach day my whole family enjoyed. I hope you have a good time. I'm not sure much has changed. I'm easy to please. It was my first cruise so I had nothing to compare it to. I was just glad to be going somewhere. It was the memories with my family I enjoyed the most. I just felt lucky we were all together and had agreed to go. Any day cruising is better than staying home. The fact that I don't have to do dishes and make my bed or cook made me happy.

I was on the Sky this past January and I can say without question it was the worst ship I've ever been on.

Worn rooms and overall drab atmosphere in my opinion. I won't be back.

Looking at the BOGO(buy one get one) deal... for October

After all these years, I'm worn and overall drab.

Me thinks I may fit right in. :p

I was on the Sky this past January and I can say without question it was the worst ship I've ever been on. Worn rooms and overall drab atmosphere in my opinion. I won't be back.

We were on her in February and found just the opposite! The cabins were very nice...we had mid-ship deck 10 balconies, the ship was clean, and very well maintained. The crew was one of the best at sea!

I guess different people see different things...we would sail her again in a minute!

~Joanne