Are we required to notify guest services if we swap rooms?

63galaxie

My dh and I have a balcony cabin and an inside booked on two different floors. I am booked in the balcony using a senior rate. Dh is booked Inside cabin as a single. We plan to switch rooms once onboard.

Since our bookings and credit cards are connected, are we required to tell guest services once we've sailed? Any benefits to doing so?

Thank you.

Edited by 63galaxie

If you don't care which key card is tied to which S&S account, it probably doesn't matter, you just swap keys. Although I guess I'm confused as to the arrangement you're describing: each of you is booked in a room as a single?

Here,s my chance to ask a question I have had for years. Does your photo show up on the register when you buy a drink or on the register in the gift shop when you buy a watch etc? If it does there will be lots of questions when "Mary" tries to use " David's" card, with his photo to buy anything . Seems to me just tell them, at that point nobody is going to be looking at comparable rates on the roomIMHO. Also they would have to have the proper card to get off in port...the DO have photos to compare at that check in.

Just go to guest services and ask for a spare key. They will give you one. I usually get a soda card I know that when they scan my card when I get a soda my picture comes up on their screen..

Great comments.

Two rooms. One for the insomniac. One for the snorer. The inside cabin is only used for sleeping.

We had hoped to get rooms close to each other but the inside cabin rate at the last minute was so much cheaper.

Mystery solved.

Btw we paid $674 for the cove senior single supplement, and $903 for the 1a on deck 11. Fortunately, both cabins are steps from the elevator.

Great comments.

Two rooms. One for the insomniac. One for the snorer. The inside cabin is only used for sleeping.

We had hoped to get rooms close to each other but the inside cabin rate at the last minute was so much cheaper.

Mystery solved.

Btw we paid $674 for the cove senior single supplement, and $903 for the 1a on deck 11. Fortunately, both cabins are steps from the elevator.

Thanks for coming back to explain the reason you booked 2 cabins. Our curious minds wanted to know!!!!

Here,s my chance to ask a question I have had for years. Does your photo show up on the register when you buy a drink or on the register in the gift shop when you buy a watch etc? If it does there will be lots of questions when "Mary" tries to use " David's" card, with his photo to buy anything . Seems to me just tell them, at that point nobody is going to be looking at comparable rates on the roomIMHO. Also they would have to have the proper card to get off in port...the DO have photos to compare at that check in.

on most of the register they do have photos , i tried to use DH once as he had to go to the bathroom and they would not let me finish the transaction until he came back

I know for sure that the photos show up. I shared a cabin with my mom and used her card to get a drink and was told that I must be using my mom's card. I asked how did he know and was told that the picture shows when card is swiped.

Thanks for coming back to explain the reason you booked 2 cabins. Our curious minds wanted to know!!!!

No problem.

I can't tell you how many times one of us has slept on an air bed in a closet or on the balcony. We're getting too old for that now!!

We booked two Aqua cabins on Celebrity Summit and the cabins balconies opened up. It was wonderful, but ungodly expensive.

So, when I discovered Carnival had a single supplement, I jumped on it.

Then I discovered the Breeze with Cove balconies, and I fell in love.

I'm sure it will be a perfect fit for us as we enjoy being near the waves, feeling the mist and the wind, lots of shade, and as much privacy as possible.

Next week at this time we'll be packing our bags!!!!!

Edited by 63galaxie

Here is what happened with me, your experience may differ.

I was taking my DW nephew and niece on the Glory for Nephew Graduation from HS celebration. Balcony cabin for four.

About two months but past final payment SIL wanted to join so in order to get passed cruiser rate it was me and nephew in current cabin and the three girls in another balcony cabin but one deck down.

So bags are delivered to how the cabins are assigned. I go to the Purser, customer service, and get two extra key cards that are just keys to the cabin no charging privileges.

My cabin extra card goes to wife, her cabin extra card goes to nephew.

The kids are on SIL account anyway.

So after the boat drill Nephew and I go to my cabin to get his bags for him to bring to his Mother's cabin.

My cabin is setup with beds separate as two males are listed in the cabin. While we are getting the bags the Steward knocks and is invited in for the standard greeting.

I go to the Steward and ask if he could please put the beds together as a King.

BOY did he give me a strange look....

He looked at me...

He looked at my nephew...

He looked back at me..

"Ahh Sir, Ahh, Okay Sir" (Hey this is Carnival I thought it was by name you address me)

I laughed and told him not to worry my wife is swapping places with my nephew..

Anyway it worked out well. Nephew had a Sail And Sign card with access to my cabin and DW had sail and sign card to access SiL cabin and both had cards to access the cabin they were sleeping in.

FWIW

Both of you go to guest services and tell them what you want to do and should not be problem.

Agree with this. A couple cruises ago Security came to our cabin after reboarding. Seems that my S & S card did not register and they thought I was still ashore. Had to show them my DL even.