Tea and coffee in stateroom

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in an Ocean View stateroom. On the Indy if that makes a difference. If not can you only get it via room service? Is there a charge for it? We have the premium drinks package.

Thanks

Davina

There are usually tea kettles in every stateroom on cruises based in the UK. Not sure about coffee makers, but I doubt they are in OV staterooms.

You can get regular (not specialty) tea and coffee from room service for no extra charge, unless you are ordering between midnight and 5am in which case they charge $4 per order.

None of the unlimited beverage packages are valid with room service.

Edited by clarea

Hi, we have sailed on Indie out of the UK many times, just left the ship last Saturday.

You will find Tetley tea bags provided in the room but no coffee. You will need to take a jar or order from room service.There is a full range of flavoured teabags in the Windjammer and at the venues on the Royal Promenade.

Kettles are provided in all cabin grades on RCI ships out of the UK.:)

Tea and Coffee and any food item on the room service menu is complimentary and the tip is already in your daily auto tip so no worries............order away :D There is one time frame they charge $5 very late / early morning.

Tea and Coffee and any food item on the room service menu is complimentary and the tip is already in your daily auto tip so no worries............order away :D There is one time frame they charge $5 very late / early morning.

Auto tips do NOT cover room service. Between midnight and 5am there is a charge, during normal hours I'm sure the person delivering your tray would appreciate a tip. We usually give $2 but it is up to you.

Auto tips do NOT cover room service. Between midnight and 5am there is a charge, during normal hours I'm sure the person delivering your tray would appreciate a tip. We usually give $2 but it is up to you.

I wouldn't tip extra, but just my opinion :-)

This is why I don't want to order room service. I will think that the attendant will expect a tip but my husband won't want to give one as we have already prepaid the tips. Hate the whole tips thing, it is a downside of cruising. We thought pre paying tips would take the pressure off having to keep finding the cash to tip but it seems it doesn't at all :(

This is why I don't want to order room service. I will think that the attendant will expect a tip but my husband won't want to give one as we have already prepaid the tips. Hate the whole tips thing, it is a downside of cruising. We thought pre paying tips would take the pressure off having to keep finding the cash to tip but it seems it doesn't at all :(

My experience is that you almost have to force the tip onto the room service person. They typically want to be in and out so fast, that if you are not immediately ready with a tip, they are gone.

The auto dailt tips put on your account include all food service which includes room service. If you care to learn the facts go to guest services and ask for a printout of how your auto tipping is distributed. One thing I hate on the auto tipping is RCL's keeping some to use for their discretionary purposes.