Any way to keep same cabin on B2B with a guarentee cat?

manmtnmike

Hi cruisers!

Just booked B2B Sensation cruise with OV guarentee category...:)

Am I at the whim of Carnival 's random cabin assignments, or is there some

way to keep same cabin for both cruises?

Thanks!

Mike

On our B2B we always book the same room because with a guarantee Carnival can move you. But they will help you move to the new room, I just don't want to have to pack everything up and unpack.

Edited by dbrucern

It's unlikely that you will be assigned the same cabin because each week is a completely separate booking.

However, when you get your cabin assignments you might try calling to see if the first weeks cabin is still available and have them change it.

If you have a PVP, then I would think it would make the process easier. You might also be sure to have it noted on both of your bookings that it is a B2B and reference the other booking number on each.

Also, be sure to go to GS during the 1st week to make sure that they have you on the B2B list. You will have special instructions to follow on turn around day regarding the check out/check in process.

I booked guaranteed cabins for my back to back and was assigned to cabins on the opposite ends of the ship. I called to see if there was a cabin I could be moved to that would be the same for both cruises. There were none left in my classification and it would have cost more to move 'up' to a cabin that remained the same. So, we just sailed the first cruise all the way forward and the second all the way aft. Our room steward was wonderful, helping us pack and moving all our things. I went and found him after returning to the ship to find all our belongings neatly placed in new cabin and gave him a big tip. He was great. If I do another back to back, I'll probably try to stay in the same cabin. But, we have no regrets about changing cabins.

I booked guaranteed cabins for my back to back and was assigned to cabins on the opposite ends of the ship. I called to see if there was a cabin I could be moved to that would be the same for both cruises. There were none left in my classification and it would have cost more to move 'up' to a cabin that remained the same. So, we just sailed the first cruise all the way forward and the second all the way aft. Our room steward was wonderful, helping us pack and moving all our things. I went and found him after returning to the ship to find all our belongings neatly placed in new cabin and gave him a big tip. He was great. If I do another back to back, I'll probably try to stay in the same cabin. But, we have no regrets about changing cabins.

Thanks all...I guess I'm just curious...We've done different ships, and cruiselines even for B2B sailings.

Different cabins are fine with me.

We always stop at guest services upon boarding to see if their are comp upgrades available. never know unless you ask. ;)

Mike

If you book a GTY you are the whim of the cruise line and will most likely (+95% probability) be moving rooms.

Well a big thanks to John Heald:) I guess it was a 5% chance...

but we got an e-mail as a response from JH that we were assigned a E 159 cabin for our B2B cruise.

Mike