Dining Solo in Steakhouse

Playa Cofi

I am going on the Carnival Miracle on August 19th solo.

I would like to make reservations in advance for Nick & Nora's (additional $35)but am curious on how they handle that. Would they put me at a table with others or would I be dining alone?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...then very likely they'll seat you at your own table. I usually book the early wonderfully calm and quiet time slots so that I can sit at a nice table by the window, read my book, enjoy the sunset, take in the ambience of a small restaurant, and consume a delectable meal.

If it's the company of other solos you're after, you could attend a solo gathering (check the dailies), and put the word out there. You could ask the maitre d about this, in advance, or you can put in a request when you make the reservation.

I've met some wonderful people while dining solo at specialty restaurants. The tables, while small and intimate, are close to one another, so at a minimum you'll have eye contact with your neighbors.

You can always test the waters with a greeting, and if you like the people at the table next to yours, super; you'll have company while dining, even if the tables are apart. If not, you can always go back to scrolling through your tablet.

Cheers!

HS2U :)

I would like to make reservations in advance for Nick & Nora's (additional $35)but am curious on how they handle that. Would they put me at a table with others or would I be dining alone?

I've reserved the Steakhouse on 75% of my Carnival cruises, usually near or on the last night of sailing. I've always been seated at a table for two, whether I'm traveling solo or as a couple.

I have never seen a person seated at another party's table.

As others have said you will be seated at a table for two.

Don't forget the first night you also get a free bottle of wine.

• 2 weeks later...
As others have said you will be seated at a table for two.

Don't forget the first night you also get a free bottle of wine.

And if you don't finish the bottle - you can take the remainder with you. Well at least they let me take the rest of the bottle with me last year on the Valor.

Thanks for the info on this. I have cruised solo before, and dined solo with YTD, and it doesn't bother me, in fact I now prefer it. In all my cruises, (7), I have never dined at the steakhouse/specialty restaurant. I think that I will give this a try on my upcoming cruise.:)

If the steakhouse is anything like Pinnacle Steakhouse on Carnival Splendor it will be fantastic. I also did see a person dining alone in a table for two so suspect you'd be seated at your own table as well.

Edited by kylenyc

• 2 weeks later...
...then very likely they'll seat you at your own table. I usually book the early wonderfully calm and quiet time slots so that I can sit at a nice table by the window, read my book, enjoy the sunset, take in the ambience of a small restaurant, and consume a delectable meal.

If it's the company of other solos you're after, you could attend a solo gathering (check the dailies), and put the word out there. You could ask the maitre d about this, in advance, or you can put in a request when you make the reservation.

I've met some wonderful people while dining solo at specialty restaurants. The tables, while small and intimate, are close to one another, so at a minimum you'll have eye contact with your neighbors.

You can always test the waters with a greeting, and if you like the people at the table next to yours, super; you'll have company while dining, even if the tables are apart. If not, you can always go back to scrolling through your tablet.

Cheers!

HS2U :)

I will have a solo table for 2 on the Queen Mary2. I think I will also sign up for a meal in Todd English's speciality restaurant. I have heard that this is a very stuffy ship so you have to be confident and brazen to get through certain experiences. Older people can be extremely rude. But, i will enjoy myself!!!

I will be traveling on Carnival, and I had wondered if I would get the free bottle of wine on the first night in the steakhouse. From the posts here, it sounds like I would. How do they determine that - is it one bottle per person or per couple or ?