Question about Reservation Amenities Error

darkprayer

Has anyone ever had a problem with making a change to your reservation through your TA for NCL?

I downgraded my room due to the smoking change on the balconies.

I asked my TA to do this, and she did,while I was on hold and I was available to authorize the changes. I was told I would receive my refund in 7 to 10 business days and all my Pre-Paid excursions, Pre-paid OBC, Dining Packages, gifts from family and my daughters Birthday decorations were left alone.

The only thing my TA told them to do was to change the stateroom and then issue the difference back to my CC as a refund. I received the new invoice at the time of change from my TA, showing the ONLY the difference of the staterooms as a refund plus the refund from the insurance plan I bought had gone down because I downgraded. Nothing else was showed to be refunded!!!

Now, days later with no refund yet, I called NCL personally and found out all my OBC, gifts from family members, Birthday deco, Dining Packages had been refunded because NCL says they had to cancelled my reservation at the time of change and then only reinstated the excursions. BTW, I have the same reservation # as before.

After my TA calls NCL to questions this huge mistake, now they are saying my reservation was never cancelled. That is was my TA's fault for not notifying them at the time of change that I had additional amenities already paid for through NCL.com website!!!

Has anyone EVER had this problem before?

I believe my TA told them about my amenities cause she has way more detailed notes of the day we did the change then NCL has.

I'm lost on what to do cause all of the gifts my family bought us and the kids have been processed to be refunded back to their cards.

Not sure what happened, but it sure points out another reason to NOT prepay anything. Just stuff to get screwed up. Not to say anything about how somebody else has your money and you have to get it back if something happens.

Sorry this happened, and hopefully they will straighten it out for you.

Not sure what happened, but it sure points out another reason to NOT prepay anything. Just stuff to get screwed up. Not to say anything about how somebody else has your money and you have to get it back if something happens.

I thought by prepaying all my purchases before would prevent me issues while on board!!!! Plus I wouldn't have to worry about a huge bill after I sailed! I heard all the horror stories about folks having too many holds on their Debit Cards or CCs after they got home or over being charged for things they bought on board.

I pre paid everything with my last cruise with NCL and it was perfect. No worrying about holds cause I had everything paid already and I had bought exactly how my OBC we needed before. My CC never even got touched!!!

I'm waiting until Wednesday after NCL and my TA pull all the phone records to see what happened and was hoping that someone might be able to give me some incite if they sadly, had to go through this problem also!

we use credit card on every cruise. No fuss, no muss.

Never a hold problem. Never any strange charges.

Debit cards.... that is another thing.

I sort of get how folks do not want a large bill at the end, but you really still get a bill... it is just paid off. But, I guess that feels good for some folks.

Credit cards are so easy. And free. And we get points we use for the airfare. We do not have to explain to somebody that we already paid this or that, or have a credit coming. No visits to front desk to explain things. No worry about a last night charge or running out of cash.

Just us. I know others look at it differently.

Edited by garycarla

I upgraded my room directly through NCL and all the amenities/gifts were refunded but I was instructed that this would happen at the time of the reservation change. I also still had the same reservation number. They told me that the amenities are linked to the cabin and not the reservation.

Whenever you make a room change (upgrade OR downgrade), it's a cancel/rebook.

That's why some people who see a price drop are wiser to hang-on to their existing OBC, because it goes with the room.

Even though the cancel/rebook happens essentially at the same time, and using the same Rez #, it's still two separate transactions as far as the computer is concerned, and everything appended to the first one gets cancelled and needs to be re-booked.

I'm guessing your TA mentioned to them the ShoreEx, so those were saved....but didn't necessarily realize you had also prepaid things directly on ncl.com

A similar thing happened to me last week. When the price of my cruise went down, the UDP (at a great price) was refunded to my credit card. I called the Billing Department and spoke to Joanne. She was terrific. I booked through an agent but paid on my own for the Dining Plan. Joanne explained that when you change a reservation the amenities that you pay for...transfers, etc., are automatically refunded. In no time, the new amenity invoice was emailed to me. I did not lose the OBC or the greatly priced UDP. I had to give Joanne the credit card information again. It took one call to the right person to straighten it out. An agent did not have to call for me. She said to make sure that the amenities are kept in case of future changes. NCL needs to fix their computer system since this seems like a recurrent problem or flaw in their program. Your situation is similar but it is easily rectified. I was very pleasant when I called although I was pretty worried I would lose the UDP price.

Odd, that I wasn't told of this and NCL seemed like they were amazed that my amenities were dropped with the change when I called.

How long did it take before you saw refunds? Between the gifts and our cards that I used to pre-pay with only 1 card has seen a refund so far and sadly, it was the smallest of the refunds due!

It's been 6 days.

Oh God, never prepay anything! You're giving NCL an interest free loan. Why?

I really appreciate people taking the time to read this thread and the replies that I have been given actually answering my questions to me losing my amenities, how to recover them and info on waiting for refunds.

FOR EVERYONE WHO KEEPS ASKING WHY I PRE-PAY it's because in the past it has worked wonderful for my family and I. To have everything paid before we go and we don't have to worry about over spending or not having enough money on my trip.

I would love none other to request further replies actually be those that have had this issue and the situations to my problem, not criticizing me giving NCL a interest free loan. Yes, I've learn a lesson here, and your comments are not positive or helping.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is finally fixed.

Yes, my reservation was cancelled and re booked but I was told it never needed to be changed that way and the mistake of losing all the amenities should of never happened.

I was compensated for the mistake with OBC.

Still frustrated at the hassle but its fixed. Lesson learned!

I had prepaid for the UDP on our last cruise. When I got my credit card bill I noticed that the price of the UDPs had been credited back to my credit card. Since I had called for a price adjustment a couple of times I assumed that somehow things had gotten mixed up.

I called NCL and explained that I did want the UDP and to please recharge my credit card. The rep explained that I had gotten the refund because I had gotten a free UDP package. She explained where to see it on my reservation and under promos with the flashes and the dashes I did see dindis.

Long story shortened... On the last day of the cruise it was decided we had not paid for our UDP and we were charged the cover charge, not the UDP price, for each specialty restaurant. Attempts at showing them the dindis on our papers were met with blank looks. We spent a lot of time at the front desk that last night but finally a more senior staff called Miami and was given "authorization to give away free meals." Sigh. Lesson learned!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone ever had a problem with making a change to your reservation through your TA for NCL?

I downgraded my room due to the smoking change on the balconies.

I asked my TA to do this, and she did,while I was on hold and I was available to authorize the changes. I was told I would receive my refund in 7 to 10 business days and all my Pre-Paid excursions, Pre-paid OBC, Dining Packages, gifts from family and my daughters Birthday decorations were left alone.

The only thing my TA told them to do was to change the stateroom and then issue the difference back to my CC as a refund. I received the new invoice at the time of change from my TA, showing the ONLY the difference of the staterooms as a refund plus the refund from the insurance plan I bought had gone down because I downgraded. Nothing else was showed to be refunded!!!

Now, days later with no refund yet, I called NCL personally and found out all my OBC, gifts from family members, Birthday deco, Dining Packages had been refunded because NCL says they had to cancelled my reservation at the time of change and then only reinstated the excursions. BTW, I have the same reservation # as before.

After my TA calls NCL to questions this huge mistake, now they are saying my reservation was never cancelled. That is was my TA's fault for not notifying them at the time of change that I had additional amenities already paid for through NCL.com website!!!

Has anyone EVER had this problem before?

I believe my TA told them about my amenities cause she has way more detailed notes of the day we did the change then NCL has.

I'm lost on what to do cause all of the gifts my family bought us and the kids have been processed to be refunded back to their cards.

NCL sees a cabin change as a cancel/rebook situation and usually automatically cancels all the amenities on the original booking.

I am glad you were able to get it sorted out.

Edited by NMLady

Oh God, never prepay anything! You're giving NCL an interest free loan. Why?

Becasue prices and offers change. Remember a while back there was a change in the UBP. (I think it was no longer being offered on cruises less than seven days or soem such.) The people who pre-booked were allowed to keep their UBP but those who elected to 'wait until we got on board' were SOL and got stupid crazy. If they had simply pre-booked there would have been no issue. So, my point is, there is a valid reason in some circumstances to pre-booking.