Price Drops and how do they work on Princess

NOSaints1

We've never sailed Princess before, only on Carnival which we book Early Saver. We're in the process of booking our first Princess cruise. I know on Carnival you book the ES and the price goes down if it's before final payment date it goes back on your cc if it's after it goes as OBC, so does it work like that with Princess? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Princess you are responsible for looking for price drops which is easy enough to do on their web site. If you see that the price for what you booked has dropped, just contact your TA or Princess (if you booked direct) and they will give you the lower price if its before final payment. You need to be careful though, as some of the lower prices carry restrictions such as a non-refundable deposit, or you may lose some of the promotions (like an OBC) that you had at the higher price. Just pay close attention to the terms of the new fare, and if its something you like, no problem.

After final payment is another animal altogether. Basically you have to cancel your existing booking, take whatever cancellation penalties there are, then re-book at the new fare. Its usually not worth it because of the loss of all or part of your payment, so basically I stop looking for price drops once I've made final payment. I figure why get depressed :)

On Princess you are responsible for looking for price drops which is easy enough to do on their web site. If you see that the price for what you booked has dropped, just contact your TA or Princess (if you booked direct) and they will give you the lower price if its before final payment. You need to be careful though, as some of the lower prices carry restrictions such as a non-refundable deposit, or you may lose some of the promotions (like an OBC) that you had at the higher price. Just pay close attention to the terms of the new fare, and if its something you like, no problem.

After final payment is another animal altogether. Basically you have to cancel your existing booking, take whatever cancellation penalties there are, then re-book at the new fare. Its usually not worth it because of the loss of all or part of your payment, so basically I stop looking for price drops once I've made final payment. I figure why get depressed :)

Agree completely.......we did get a price drop 6 weeks before final payment and took it and also a week or two later got a cabin category upgrade.

I'm tracking prices now on some potential cruises for us next year to see what type of low fares there might be after final payment for any "last minute deals".........never know:D

While I've not had the opportunity to try, some have posted about asking about a price drop after final payment and getting some OBC. I'm this depends on how nice you ask, the particular agent, day of the week, phase of the moon, etc.

It's a myth that you can't get a price drop after final payment. As long as the promotion isn't specified as "new bookings only," you can get an available reduction.

I'm glad you posted this. When I booked last December the fellow assured me Princess would match lower prices until the cruise - but many folks say it isn't true. I guess ill find out by November :)

We just got a $200 drop today on a cruise that we booked a couple of weeks ago thanks to the Balcony/Suite sale. We will just keep checking and see if the price drops more or if we can get an upgrade.

We lucked out last year and got an upgrade from an S6 to an S3 for no additional money.

We've never sailed Princess before, only on Carnival which we book Early Saver. We're in the process of booking our first Princess cruise. I know on Carnival you book the ES and the price goes down if it's before final payment date it goes back on your cc if it's after it goes as OBC, so does it work like that with Princess? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just keep an eye on it. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser