Update on Cabin Robbed - JUSTICE!

JennSTX

I am pretty new to these boards........you all seem to be happy with a $200 credit towards another cruise. I would be insulted. How dare you put me through the ordeal of being robbed in my own cabin and then expect me to pay you again to cruise with you.

There are too many cruise lines working hard to get me to spend my money on them. It would have to be FREE or nothing. If you have a bad experience in a restaurant a good manager will comp your meal and/or invite you back for a "complementary" dinner to prove to you that they are a good restaurant and want to win you back. This should be the same thing......refund my cruise or offer me a free cruise to prove to me and others that you are worth it. That's my 2 cents ! ! !

dondonma

I am pretty new to these boards........you all seem to be happy with a $200 credit towards another cruise. I would be insulted. How dare you put me through the ordeal of being robbed in my own cabin and then expect me to pay you again to cruise with you.

There are too many cruise lines working hard to get me to spend my money on them. It would have to be FREE or nothing. If you have a bad experience in a restaurant a good manager will comp your meal and/or invite you back for a "complementary" dinner to prove to you that they are a good restaurant and want to win you back. This should be the same thing......refund my cruise or offer me a free cruise to prove to me and others that you are worth it. That's my 2 cents ! ! !

dondonma

Great in theory and I am sure the cruise line would love to accomodate, but the reality creates two problems: 1) It is very difficult to prove that you were robbed, they have to take your word on it, and there are enough scumbags out there that would create a situation with receipts and all to "prove" they were robbed in order to get that free cruise, if word got out that you would be comped a cruise, it would happen more often. That ruins it for the honest folk that do get robbed. 2) All cruise lines get bad reviews, have problems, have crime, even with the modern technology of the web to publish these terrible incidents to millions, me taking my cruise dollars and going over to brand X will not hurt the cruise line at all. Every cruise will have a few very upset guests, they are aware of that, but the other 2,000 were OK. In a restaurant return business is more frequent and more important - to a cruise line with millions of passengers from all over the world, it is important, but probably not at the individual level unfortuneately.

I am agreeing with you - it just will never work in cruise industry model - sad to say.

I haven't received the letters yet but I am pretty happy. Except my H is bound and determined to go on the Ecstacy again because we live in Galveston and he doesn't want to pay travel; the Elation goes for 7 days and we both think it is too long; and those are the only CCL cruises here in November. Oh well, I guess we will do it but I am kind of bummed as all the shows will be the same and more importantly I don't want to have another bad experience and then think - "once it was shame on them - twice we must be MORONS" :eek:

- the upside is I will get to pick all the events I didn't get to do the first time instead (like the Formal Night which we had to spend w/security) - I will have had the WHOLE Ecstacy experience and hopefully we will have a worry/stress/incident free trip with happy memories. :D

To the person who wanted a free cruise - we only lost 120 in our locked luggage and a bracelet we left stupidly in a drawer - not worth a free cruise. In fact, $200 is generous - but considering how badly our case was mishandled by several employees after the fact it is very fair.

I made sure to tell CCL that if they would have just apologized and been sympathetic and honestly told us the company policy regarding theft and giving us a token compensation for our loss of all the formal night activities that we would have been bummed but not so angry and hurt.

To the people who wanted to know what I'll do different:

1) We won't take cash - only Tr Chks

2) We'll get the brass safe key (the older ships like the Ecstacy still have the key safes) from the steward before we leave our cabin instead and not take "just lock it in your bags and we'll get the key for you later"

3) I won't pack everything I own.:p

4) I will STILL take an extension cord & glade plug in (my room always smelled fabulous and having the cord was a LIFESAVER!)

5) I WON'T forget my hair dryer this time.

6) We will STILL prepay shore excursions & tips ahead of time. (It was just so convenient that way)

7) I WON'T stress about trying to do everything - this time I am going to RELAX.

8) I WILL use the gym at least ONCE and pay for one gym class and I WON'T be too shy!! ...........:rolleyes: Well I will TRY!

9) I WILL go to the Spa again and pay the $199 to get my teeth bleached...does anyone know if this really works well? It is so much cheaper than the dentist if it does.

10) BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY....we will give CCL another chance because there can't be this many people who love them if what happened to us is the rule and not an exception. AND I know about Cruise Critic and I will read EVERYTHING I can!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
...the Elation goes for 7 days and we both think it is too long; and those are the only CCL cruises here in November....2) We'll get the brass safe key (the older ships like the Ecstacy still have the key safes) from the steward before we leave our cabin instead and not take "just lock it in your bags and we'll get the key for you later"

I think you are confusing the Elation with the Conquest. The Elation is now in Florida.

They have new safes on the Ecstasy. You enter a code--no keys.

There have been a lot of changes on Ecstasy since you had your problems. Check some recent reviews. Here's mine---

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410363

Thats totally amazing, this isn't the first time I have read about a resolved issue from Carnival. WOW. Anyways Did you email them or did you write them a personal letter?

I need the Address again to Guest Relations because I just noticed in my Bill they didn't Credit us back for a Cancelled Tour.

Also thanks again for the Follow up, thats totally Cool. By the way they will send you the letter, they are pretty good at that.

Fred

Nope, no confusion. Did you see the date of the original post? Elation was still in Galveston last August.

Who keeps bumping up all these old threads? :confused:

Interesting--noted date on original, but not the reply. I notice now that she hasn't posted since last year. I guess she never took that trip or used the $200 OBC.

You'll have to ask plantlady where she found this!:)

Archived