Premium Coffee

Pickels

Sailing next year on Equanox and have a question on "premium" coffee. Is this from a machine? When can we get premium coffee? We are considering the premium non-alcoholic package. My wife is a coffee drinker and I, a bottled water guy. Thanks all.

Sailing next year on Equanox and have a question on "premium" coffee. Is this from a machine? When can we get premium coffee? We are considering the premium non-alcoholic package. My wife is a coffee drinker and I, a bottled water guy. Thanks all.

The premium coffee is from Café al Bacio on deck 5, made fresh like the baristas do at Starbucks. Guess what, though, even better than that. I don't care for the foofoo coffee drinks but if you like mochas, lattes, etc, you will be in your heaven. They do make a most delicious café Americano ... boy is it good.

Coffee drinks start around $5.50, even for a simple cup of black coffee. Need to check the menu next time before ordering! I just wanted a simple to go cup to carry around. Found out later that they had to go cups in the buffet on a separate table in the morning.

I had the classic beverage package

There was very litter difference between the coffee available on the classic alcohol package & premium version... Maybe 1 or 2 extra drinks? Main difference was brand of water.

The drinks on al baccio were lovely, great coffee and teas

The Premium Non-Alcohol package was perfect for us, and yes, helped to make a great first cruise on Celebrity. Café al Bacio to start and end our day. My husband and his double espressos, me and my chai tea lattes. I had a cold towards the end of the trip and the tea with lemon and honey made me feel so much better.

Appreciated the San Pelligrino type water with my meals.

The Premium gets you a few more things, endless threads, than the classic. We have the free classic alcohol package for our next cruise. May upgrade it just for the extras. Preferably would downgrade it to non-alcohol, but that's not allowed.h

Then there are the free pastries, cakes and sandwiches....can't wait only 500 days to my next Celebrity Cruise.....

Coffee drinks start around $5.50, even for a simple cup of black coffee. Need to check the menu next time before ordering! I just wanted a simple to go cup to carry around. Found out later that they had to go cups in the buffet on a separate table in the morning.

Wow! $5.50! Have they increased the prices that much? On our last cruise, about 16 months ago, the prices started at $3 for espresso and lattes were $4.50. Here is a menu from Dec 2012 which was the same as the one on our last cruise: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

Pretty much all the coffees at the coffee bar are included in the classic package except for a few with some ingredients like nuts or spices and on some cruises they include those too due to inconsistent interpretations of the policy.

But understand that all of the coffees served at the coffee bar are espresso based coffee. There is no premium drip/filter coffee as there is on some other lines. The closest you can get is an Americano which is espresso diluted with hot water.