When to expect guaranty cabin assignment?

clojacks

As long as I have eDocs... I don't worry because I know I will be getting on and have a room somewhere... :)

To quote every reggae band playing at every sail-away on every ship:

"Don't worry... 'bout a ting... Cuz ev'ry little ting gonna be alright!"

Enjoy your cruise(s)!

I'm 107 days out and still no assignment and no worries :)

Edited by cliffd64

Only 10 more days...are you getting excited about the trip? Or is the wait for a cabin number tamping that down? I can see lots of cabins still for your sailing.

anxious, not excited. trying to break the news to my dog that he is sleeping elsewhere for a week. maybe I will have my own personal cabin crawl and with such large availability they will change my cabin on a daily basis.lol.

I just booked Monday, for leaving to Alaska this Saturday.

As soon as I got off with my TA, I got on NCL and checked and had my cabin assignment. I booked a inside GTY. I was assigned a Floor 5 inside sideways cabin. Right by the elevator. Works fine for me!

I've read good things about the sideways cabins, so I'm anxious to try one. I like being right by the elevator. Go right out my door, and it's easy to hop right on the elevator or go right to the stairs. It's the first door off the elevator, so I shouldn't be getting lost and not able to remember which cabin is mine! ha!

Nope, no cabin assigned yet. We may be the rare few who get assigned at the pier, lol!

Be sure to check in with us as soon as you get assigned! I don't care if it's while you're at the pier! I would like to know what you get!!! I'm hoping for a great cabin for you!

I booked an MX in June for the Dawn for Oct 17. I was assigned our room assignment two weeks ago....we wound up with a forward mini suite, which i think was one step up.....on the plus side, its only 2 cabins from the suite that we have cruised in the last two cruises. Hopefully we wont have too hard a time being in a mini suite rather than a suite...:cool:

As soon as I got off with my TA, I got on NCL and checked and had my cabin assignment. I booked a inside GTY. I was assigned a Floor 5 inside sideways cabin. Right by the elevator. Works fine for me!

I've read good things about the sideways cabins, so I'm anxious to try one. I like being right by the elevator. Go right out my door, and it's easy to hop right on the elevator or go right to the stairs. It's the first door off the elevator, so I shouldn't be getting lost and not able to remember which cabin is mine! ha!

You will love it. I was located in a sideways cabin on The Gem and near an elevator. The cabin seemed to have a little more room than the standard inside cabin.. maybe it was just the layout.

anxious, not excited. trying to break the news to my dog that he is sleeping elsewhere for a week. maybe I will have my own personal cabin crawl and with such large availability they will change my cabin on a daily basis.lol.

checked the luggage tag. no cabin number, but it says shows and says TEAL for the color on the tag. A HINT MAYBE??

Wow, what fast planning. Clearly the cruise booking whent smoothly, but what about flights? Sometimes it is the flight (or the prices) that puts the kabash on last minute cruises. We had one sideways cabin, and I'd be happy to get one again. Your location sound convenient. Have a great time.

If you think that will happen, then pack light for easy movements, lol. Thanks for the chuckle.

I have the impression that some dogs seem like their time away from home; certainly there are nice dog care facilities out there. Not so many good cat facilities around here, so kitty stays home with regular visits. Not the same as having her own humans at her beck and call all day, but she will have to make do.

I received our cabin assignment for our Nov 8th sailing last week. It's right underneath the fitness center. I'm fairly concerned about that. :(

can you change the cabin if there is availability and it is in the same category? if not maybe you will be using the gym more and earlier than you planned. I have a feeling that is where my cabin assignment will be. I will buy earplugs for sleeping if that is the case. may I ask what color your luggage tags are.? ,TEAL?

I received our cabin assignment for our Nov 8th sailing last week. It's right underneath the fitness center. I'm fairly concerned about that. :(

can you change the cabin if there is availability and it is in the same category? if not maybe you will be using the gym more and earlier than you planned. I have a feeling that is where my cabin assignment will be. I will buy earplugs for sleeping if that is the case. may I ask what color your luggage tags are.? ,TEAL?

I know some cruiselines will let you swap within the category (I've done it on RCI, X & Princess), but I have the impression that NCL does not play that game. Of course, it is worth a phone call to ask; worst they will say is no.

Have you searched that cabin number on this forum? Maybe somebody else has stayed there and can confirm or allay your concerns. Is it one of those minisuites under the fitness center?

If after searching you remain concerned, consider your options. Aren't you still before final payment? That would open up some options. Depending upon prices, you perhaps could cancel and rebook; maybe you'd get a better draw the second time. Or if you would rather pick a balcony cabin than keep a worrisome minisuite, maybe just downgrade your category before final payment.

Wow, what fast planning. Clearly the cruise booking whent smoothly, but what about flights? Sometimes it is the flight (or the prices) that puts the kabash on last minute cruises. We had one sideways cabin, and I'd be happy to get one again. Your location sound convenient. Have a great time.

The cruise leaves from Seattle, and we live about 40 minutes from the waterfront. It would be tough to book a cruise so close because of having to coordinate flights. Plus, air is usually pretty high booking so to travel date.

My bf and I booked an inside cabin for 9/7 on the Breakaway months ago. Noticed price drops and recently switched over to a BX gty for not much more than what we originally paid. I am very anxious for our cabin to be assigned! We figured we'd treat ourselves since my bf has never been in a balcony room. Hopefully it will be a good location.

Edited by lessonsinliving

Well our IX GTY was assigned yesterday sometime before dinner time cuz I checked mid-afternoon and nothing and then around 7:30pm there was a cabin number. So the cabin assigned is a I1 on Deck 9 and we're fine with that. We were hoping that it would be on the same deck as our balcony (12) but that's not a big deal and the boys are pleased to have some distance from their parents anyway.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Well our IX GTY was assigned yesterday sometime before dinner time cuz I checked mid-afternoon and nothing and then around 7:30pm there was a cabin number. So the cabin assigned is a I1 on Deck 9 and we're fine with that. We were hoping that it would be on the same deck as our balcony (12) but that's not a big deal and the boys are pleased to have some distance from their parents anyway.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Glad to here you have an assignment. It sounds like a reasonably good location. though it is three decks away from your other cabin, that's closer than it might have been. Have a wonderful cruise.

We are waiting for our assignment, but our cruise is more than five weeks away. plenty of time...

We're on the August 29th cruise out of Boston, no upgrade yet although we were promised one. They did give us a cabin when I first booked but was promised an upgrade. Will we get it or will we stay in the cabin they gave to us at the beginning?

We're on the August 29th cruise out of Boston, no upgrade yet although we were promised one. They did give us a cabin when I first booked but was promised an upgrade. Will we get it or will we stay in the cabin they gave to us at the beginning?

Who promised you an upgrade???? NCL or your travel agent? Or Somebody else?

With two weeks to go, I find it a bit unlikely you will be getting an "upgrade" but I guess that depends on the circumstances and you haven't given enough details to make an informed guess....

We booked through NCL The agent told us we would get an upgrade, we never chose a cabin, they gave us the one we have.

In that case, your upgrade was applied at the time of booking... you were probably given a cabin in a higher category for the lower category price...

You will not be upgraded further most likely.

Enjoy!

In that case, your upgrade was applied at the time of booking... you were probably given a cabin in a higher category for the lower category price...

You will not be upgraded further most likely.

Enjoy!

Thanks! We did get a pretty good price but would have chosen a different cabin if we had known. I'll know better next time, still happy to be going.