POST Cruise Help- New Orleans

ciship

I posted on the New Orleans forums, but didn't get any answers. Hopefully, I will get some here.

We will be debarking DREAM on a Sunday and will need a rental car to drive to Memphis. Someone recommended Enterprise, but they aren't open on Sunday.

Are there any rental companies actually AT the port? Any that will pick you up AT the port? They need to be open on Sunday.

If not, I guess I will be forced to go to the airport to grab a rental car. Are there any car rental shuttles that will pick you up at the port and take you to the airport? Or should I just grab a taxi? How far is the airport and how much?

Help please?

You need to check rental companies and see if any New Orleans downtown offices are open. Start with Avis, Hertz, Budget. There aren't any airport shuttle buses.

Cab fare is fixed at about $35++ for two people. New Orleans cabs do charge for more than 2 people.

I take the Jefferson bus, with walking or street car combo, but this is for those, who pack light and travel in this mode- which is few people. :)

There are nearby offices- I think we did enterprise but our cruise returned on a Saturday. I think they picked us up in a car. I don't remember there being a shuttle for the rental car offices but that was two years ago so my memory is not the best. You may have to cab to the office to get the car but one way rentals may require you go to the airport.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I don't think there are any rental car companies near the cruise port. Cabs are usually plenty, or you can choose to use the cruise lines transportation to and from the airport.

I would suggest that you google MSY, New Orleans Int., but remember there are also other airports nearby and often times the smaller airports are less used, therefore less hassle and sometimes you will get a better price.

Hope this helps :)

Hertz has an office at 901 Convention Center Blvd which is pretty close to the port. They are opened till 1pm on Sunday. Compare your rates picking up there or at the airport. Sometimes the airport is cheaper even with the cab fare included.

Hertz has an office at 901 Convention Center Blvd which is pretty close to the port. They are opened till 1pm on Sunday. Compare your rates picking up there or at the airport. Sometimes the airport is cheaper even with the cab fare included.

I have used them. And it was an easy walk to the Hertz office. About 8min.

have you considered taking the amtrak train from new orleans to memphis

We definitely considered this, but the train doesnt leave NOL until 1:45 in the afternoon and then doesnt arrive Memphis until 10:30 at night (IF it's running on time!). If we drive, we can probably get to Memphis by 4 p.m. (I'd MUCH rather take the train though....love it!)