Mullet Bay beach?

I heard this is one of the nicest beaches for someone who just wants to lay out and relax in the water and sun. But people say it's close to Maho beach. Do you hear the airplanes from over there? Would you recommend another beach that is quieter but still nice or is this one good?

My family of 5 just visited Mullet Bay Beach last week (July 30, 2014). It is stunning. You can see incoming planes, but I don't remember hearing them. There is a parking lot and a bar. We paid $15 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. It wasn't crowded, but we were the only ship in St. Maarten that day. Two catamarans and 3 small motorboats (not at the same time) anchored in the bay. The passengers just stay on the boat or float around in the water. They don't go on the beach and are probably there for about an hour. I don't think I saw anyone on the beach with Royal Caribbean towels. We did not want to leave.

My family of 5 just visited Mullet Bay Beach last week (July 30, 2014). It is stunning. You can see incoming planes, but I don't remember hearing them. There is a parking lot and a bar. We paid $15 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. It wasn't crowded, but we were the only ship in St. Maarten that day. Two catamarans and 3 small motorboats (not at the same time) anchored in the bay. The passengers just stay on the boat or float around in the water. They don't go on the beach and are probably there for about an hour. I don't think I saw anyone on the beach with Royal Caribbean towels. We did not want to leave.

Is there a bathroom and food?

• 2 months later...

For those of you that visited... was it hard to get a taxi back to the boat? I've read that there aren't many taxis that go to Mullet Bay. That's what I'm most concerned about. I don't really want to have to walk to Maho Beach to grab a taxi.

Yes, it may be difficult to get a taxi at Mullet Bay Beach.

You can ask the driver that takes you there to return for a pick up, but unless you can negotiate a 'pay when you take us pack to the Cruise Facility' option, you can not count on it 100%.

The walk back out to the hotels and the entrance to Maho from the parking area at Mullet is on the order of 15 minutes or a bit less.

gary

Yes, it may be difficult to get a taxi at Mullet Bay Beach.

You can ask the driver that takes you there to return for a pick up, but unless you can negotiate a 'pay when you take us pack to the Cruise Facility' option, you can not count on it 100%.

The walk back out to the hotels and the entrance to Maho from the parking area at Mullet is on the order of 15 minutes or a bit less.

gary

Thanks for the info :)

For those of you that visited... was it hard to get a taxi back to the boat? I've read that there aren't many taxis that go to Mullet Bay. That's what I'm most concerned about. I don't really want to have to walk to Maho Beach to grab a taxi.

There is a taxi stand at the pharmacy in the Maho Entertainment area. You will see it on the way to Mullet Bay. It's no more than a 7 minute walk from Mullet Bay beach.